IGNORED

Music Editor

cybersmudge

What build are you using? Did you also download and put the sound library in the same folder? That sound like the problem off hand.

When you expand the details of the error, do you see something like this?

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VisualbB.SoundLib, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dbbccf42d86ff4b2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'VisualbB.SoundLib, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dbbccf42d86ff4b2'

at VisualbB.DialogMusic..ctor()...."

-Jeff

<p>I tried that and the file was there. Here is some of the error I am getting:</p>

<p>There is a little more to the error, but this is some of what the dialog box says under details.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div>See the end of this message for details on invoking </div>

<div>just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>************** Exception Text **************</div>

<div>System.Exception: irrKlang device could not be created with the specified parameters.</div>

<div>   at IrrKlang.ISoundEngine.createSoundEngine(SoundOutputDriver driver, SoundEngineOptionFlag options, String deviceID)</div>

<div>   at IrrKlang.ISoundEngine..ctor()</div>

<div>   at VisualbB.SoundLib.vbBSoundLib..ctor()</div>

<div>   at VisualbB.DialogMusic..ctor()</div>

<div>   at VisualbB.mainIDE.MusicEditorToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)</div>

<div>   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)</div>

<div> </div>

<div> </div>

<div>************** Loaded Assemblies **************</div>

I assume you have these two files in the same directory? irrKlang.NET.dll and ikpMP3.dll. Those are 3rd party libraries I use. Should be versions 1.1.0.0 and 0.0.0.3 on the two I used. Also what version of Windows 32/64 bit are you using?

BTW I know of at least one person that was tryting to use it under virtualization and apparently those libraries didn't like their hypervisor. If that's the case, I can't really help you as I didn't write those libs.

-Jeff