IGNORED

PEPPER II

Anything is possible it just takes a programmer that feels like doing it because they usually have their own desires to get one of their favorite games programmed. I guess if you offer money to them they might juggle around their priorities but usually they are not doing this for the money but for the fun of getting to play a game they like.

Different screens sound nice but wouldn't you want different monsters or something new to make the game some kind of new fun. Just having the same game with different levels might not be interesting enough to want to build it.

Just my thoughts on the matter, I am a programmer but haven't tried to program games yet. So far have not caught the bug to want to learn how to do it. :)

Having too much fun playing other peoples created games :)

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds achiveable to replace the art for the title screen and the maps for the 4 existing screens using some kind of ROM hack without really any programming. I have never reversed Pepper II so I can't tell you for sure.

To get in more screens it depends on whether the existing cartridge fills up 32k or not. If it does, then it becomes quite a hard task.

In my opinion I'd want a Pepper 3 to have familiar monsters, new maps and new music.

Time for you to do a little reversing. It's a great way to learn Z80 programming anyway.