IGNORED

Red label Space Invaders with two end labels

MaximRecoil

redsi.jpg

The end label that is underneath the visible label is black (most noticeable in the lower right-hand corner). Any information about this? Were they trying to reuse already labeled cartridge housings after switching to red labels, or is this just a mistake on the part of some random Taiwanese factory worker?

Edited by MaximRecoil

I have seen this on Sears games, but never on an atari made game. Any idea if the sticker underneath says "Space Invaders" ? It's hard to see because your scan has an error in it.

There is no way to tell what the sticker underneath says without removing the top sticker, which I don't want to do.

What error are you talking about? If you mean the lighter section at the bottom, that isn't an error; I lightened that section in Photoshop to make it easier to see the corner of the label underneath.

Space invaders never made the switch from black to red, they went from black to silver to red. I have seen this on Sears games, but never on atari made games. Interesting find.

True, but silver label carts had black end-labels.