IGNORED

Wizardry/Bards Tale/Eye of the Beholder style game

cimerians

I thought I'd post this here as this is a sure buy for me cause I cant get enough of old school 1st person dungeon crawlers and I think there are others here who would like this:

News bit:

http://www.destructoid.com/dungeon-crawler-legend-of-grimrock-goes-gold-224560.phtml

Official Site:

http://www.grimrock.net/

(Video looks cool)

• Like 1

I read the articles and the drool started running!!

I'm still waiting for the day when the SSI Gold Box series, Dungeon Master, and Eye of the Beholder all get HD re-releases. Throw in a little Planetfall, Bard's Tale, and Apshai and I'd become a hermit for the rest of my life!

Mendon

• Like 1

I just pre-ordered it last night. You get a steam code as well so you can play it through steam which has achievements. You also get some nice extras from ordering it through their site like a PDF manual and some other stuff. (Pics, an MP3 of the main theme etc)

I too was hoping for a console release but since I've got my PC hooked up to my TV next to my 360/PS3 it works out very well for me.

Hmmm...I wonder whats going on with Torchlight II.....

Wow is that worlverine???

http://www.torchlight2game.com/classes

Edited by cimerians

• 3 weeks later...

I am playing it, it is pretty neat

if anyone needs a list of all spells there is a handy guide here:

Legend of Grimrock List of Spells

Thanks!!

Its doing well, patch coming soon:

http://www.destructo...on-225909.phtml

Fixes a few issues. I dont have any problems though too bad the Frost Arrow exploit was caught. :P

But here it is:

- vsync is enabled by default

- borderless windows are no longer topmost

- pressing ESC closes character sheet

- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit

- bug fix: topmost menu item don’t work reliably in 2560×1440 resolution

- bug fix: wall text translations are not dismissed when right-clicking

- bug fix: inanimate objects can be backstabbed

- bug fix: projectiles go through doors in some very rare cases

- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch

- fixed a couple of typos

- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)

Edited by cimerians

Looks great, I'd love to see more of this style game. When the Mac version comes out, I'm definitely on board.

I'm still waiting for the day when the SSI Gold Box series, Dungeon Master, and Eye of the Beholder all get HD re-releases. Throw in a little Planetfall, Bard's Tale, and Apshai and I'd become a hermit for the rest of my life!
+1

That looks really awesome! I hope the game gets a console release.
Dude, how many Xbox 360 special editions do you own, and you still don't have a semi-decent pc to play games on? Even a $70 HD6670 thrown in a pre-built pc will play the majority of games nowadays. Edited by MCHufnagel

Couldn't resist this purchase on Steam. Great anticipation for the old Dungeon Master feel. I remember through the years how so many critics lamented about how a new game was just another Dungeon Master clone. :?: If a games great, it's great. My only concern is purchasing from Steam. Have had endless grief with Steam trying to play in offline mode. :_(

Have STeem loaded on my laptop. Several iterations of DM going on there. Now I can have the best of both worlds. Old school and new old school. ;-)

Couldn't resist this purchase on Steam. Great anticipation for the old Dungeon Master feel. I remember through the years how so many critics lamented about how a new game was just another Dungeon Master clone. :?: If a games great, it's great. My only concern is purchasing from Steam. Have had endless grief with Steam trying to play in offline mode. :_(

Have STeem loaded on my laptop. Several iterations of DM going on there. Now I can have the best of both worlds. Old school and new old school. ;-)

Dungeon Master was great. I never got through it. Do you have a preferred version? There a lot of remakes of it and I'm thinking about looking around for one.

I dont have any issues playing offline with Steam although its a little offbeat to setup. If I remember you have to download it and install and possibly play the game once and after that you can set it to offline mode using the Steam client. I have many casual games set up that way for my family to play on other computers. Just can't remember the exact process.

"Dungeon Master was great. I never got through it. Do you have a preferred version? There a lot of remakes of it and I'm thinking about looking around for one."

The original DM on the ST. Sort of an anti-climax at the end but RPG's were still growing.

"I dont have any issues playing offline with Steam although its a little offbeat to setup. If I remember you have to download it and install and possibly play the game once and after that you can set it to offline mode using the Steam client. I have many casual games set up that way for my family to play on other computers. Just can't remember the exact process. "

Seems to me from the problems I've had, that the first thing Steam wants to do is look for an existing update. If Steam thinks an update might exist, but fails to detect an internet connection then too does the offline mode fail.

If anyone is interested. Here is an SNES style RPG based on Earthbound and an OLD paper and pencil RPG called Boot Hiil:

http://www.experimen...ot-hill-heroes/

Xbox Live Indie??

http://www.kickstart...g-with-1-4-play

Sounds like for 50 bucks you get to be a townsfolk NPC:

"You look kinda pixelated, you NPC! There are a lot of cowtown folk in this game and we'd love for you to be one of them. $50 gets your likeness rendered to a character sprite and plopped into one of the seven towns in the game. You can even have your own name and write your own dialogue - just watch the potty mouth please! You'll also get a color printed copy and digital file (8.5x11) of your NPC so you can show everyone what you'd look like as a 16-bit wild west fella. (Plus previous reward tiers)"

:P

Edited by cimerians