IGNORED

ADAM Game Disk Labels & Disk Sleeves (Interest Check)

pboland

Nice job on these labels Phil. Too bad I am not into the ADAM. Good luck on your sales :)

Thanks Yurkie.

If your not into ADAM there is alway this:

ColecoVision Game Posters (12" x 16") - I must say they look quite good in a frame.

or this:

ColecoVision Trading Cards CV-02 - Not done yet, but getting there.

The first orders are in the mail. Thanks again for the interest in the project guys.

Just a reminder:

Each item (label or sleeve) is $1.50. Shipping is $5.00 (priority mail for lower 48 states, and first class mail to Canada). If you want to order PM me. Be sure to include the labels you want and how many, if ordering disk sleeves be sure to state which one you want (classic grey repro or white) and how many, and finally, include your Pay Pal email address. I will send you an invoice once your order is ready to be mailed out. Once I get payment, I will drop the order in the mail. As always, if you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Nice job on these labels Phil. Too bad I am not into the ADAM. Good luck on your sales :)

Thanks Yurkie.

If your not into ADAM there is alway this:

ColecoVision Game Posters (12" x 16") - I must say they look quite good in a frame.

or this:

ColecoVision Trading Cards CV-02 - Not done yet, but getting there.

I'm dieing for your cards!!! I'm also planning on getting so more posters in the next month or 2. I was just looking over CV-01 and you did such a great job! I really can't wait for CV-02! Do you have a date yet of when they should be ready to go?

Indeed, we are dealing with a very limited market with these labels and disk sleeves, but there can be numerous others uses for them besides to place on a 5 1/4" disk. I know, a bit of a stretch, but sometimes one needs to think outside the box.

I'm actually rather disappointed none of the regulars on the ColADAM Mailing List have bothered to chime in on these seeing as I posted a message on the List with a link to this thread. Oh well, to each his own.

I still need to order some, but my ADAM is currently off for repair (the disk drive specifically) along with all my disks so I'm going to have to wait until I get it back before I know what to order. I do plan on ordering a set though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I still need to order some, but my ADAM is currently off for repair (the disk drive specifically) along with all my disks so I'm going to have to wait until I get it back before I know what to order. I do plan on ordering a set though. :)

I look forward to getting your order.

For everyone else, I look forward to getting your orders as well. :) Just PM me if you are interest.

I look forward to getting your order.

For everyone else, I look forward to getting your orders as well. :) Just PM me if you are interest.

Sorry about the delay. My ADAM is still with someone else getting repaired and my game room is a giant mess right now as I'm redoing it. I will get around to ordering those labels though. I also need to figure out how to copy my double sided disks onto single disks as my games are all on two sides (Buck Rogers on the front, Sub Roc on the back, etc.) and I want each one to have a dedicated disk now with a pretty label. I've never messed around with the ADAM copying programs before so I need to read up on them.

BTW is Jeopardy really two disks? I could have sworn my copy was only one.

Sorry about the delay. My ADAM is still with someone else getting repaired and my game room is a giant mess right now as I'm redoing it. I will get around to ordering those labels though. I also need to figure out how to copy my double sided disks onto single disks as my games are all on two sides (Buck Rogers on the front, Sub Roc on the back, etc.) and I want each one to have a dedicated disk now with a pretty label. I've never messed around with the ADAM copying programs before so I need to read up on them.

When you are ready to make the new disk copies, shoot me a PM and I will help you. I'm sure you have an old PC with 5 1/4" drives, so the fastest method would be to transfer the disk images onto new 5 1/4" disks... and this way it saves all the wear and tear on your ADAM and especially the disk drive.

As far as Jeopardy, the original Coleco program was well over 200K (program and all the data), made specifically for Data Packs and when "whoever at Coleco" copied it to disk to send to the ADAM Users Groups, a large amount of the data was lost. This was not discovered until people starting playing thru all "available" questions, at which point the program would lock-up. This lock-up was fixed by Walters Software by restarting the available question data from the beginning.

In 1992, we came across the complete Coleco disk version (2 - 5 1/4" 160K disks). See this thread for more info...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/181617-adam-computer-game-of-the-week-19/page__hl__jeopardy__fromsearch__1

When you are ready to make the new disk copies, shoot me a PM and I will help you. I'm sure you have an old PC with 5 1/4" drives, so the fastest method would be to transfer the disk images onto new 5 1/4" disks... and this way it saves all the wear and tear on your ADAM and especially the disk drive.

As far as Jeopardy, the original Coleco program was well over 200K (program and all the data), made specifically for Data Packs and when "whoever at Coleco" copied it to disk to send to the ADAM Users Groups, a large amount of the data was lost. This was not discovered until people starting playing thru all "available" questions, at which point the program would lock-up. This lock-up was fixed by Walters Software by restarting the available question data from the beginning.

In 1992, we came across the complete Coleco disk version (2 - 5 1/4" 160K disks). See this thread for more info...

http://www.atariage....__fromsearch__1

Awesome! I had no idea this existed. I will shoot you a message once I get my ADAM back (hopefully soon).

BTW, who is doing the repair for you as it would be nice to know that there is someone willing and capable in case the need arises for myself and others.

Matthew180. He's installing the VGA board in my Adam and taking a look at the non-writing disk drive.

• 4 months later...

I finally got my ADAM back this weekend and everything is now in working order. I don't suppose you're still doing these labels are you?

Yes. :)

Haven't seen PBoland around of late so you might want to PM him or hopefully he will notice that this thread has some new posts.

I haven't been posting much, but I'm still here. I always make time for label orders ;)

Edited by pboland

• 2 months later...

I finally scored a floppy drive for my Adam. I was going to go to the work of trying to make something like this, but Tempest linked me over here, and I'm glad he did. These look great. If you are still making them I'd love to get some of both the labels and the white sleeves. :) :) :)

Well, I now have 23 different diskette labels to choose from. Here are the seven new labels:

post-9874-0-08737200-1352494864_thumb.jpg

You guys really need to thank NIAD for his persistence in making these happen. Without him, they wouldn't have seen that light of day.

Yes, I can still make them. Just send me a PM with what you might be interested in.

• Like 2

It was fun working on these with you, Phil, plus I had desparately wanted professional quality labels for all these titles (and some others ;) ) for many years.

BTW, the label pictured for "Best of B.C." has been improved with the Sydney logo on the right side of the label with "The Best of B.C." above it and in the original set of labels, a DEMO logo has been added to the Front Line label.

Since I'm just wanting to PLAY the best versions (finally getting a 5.25 drive for the first time) is there any purpose in having BOTH DK Junior and DK Junior with the 5 screens? Is the DKjr 5 screen the complete full game able to be played as if a final release? Next, any purpose in having two BC labels? Both games are on the combo image correct?

Thanks

Since I'm just wanting to PLAY the best versions (finally getting a 5.25 drive for the first time) is there any purpose in having BOTH DK Junior and DK Junior with the 5 screens? Is the DKjr 5 screen the complete full game able to be played as if a final release? Next, any purpose in having two BC labels? Both games are on the combo image correct?

If I'm not mistaken, the fifth screen is actually hidden, but it's easy to unlock. I think there's a hack floating around with the fifth screen completely unlocked, but I'm really not sure about that... Fuzzy memory...

There is one version where you must enter a code to enable the 5th screen...there is another where you don't have to do anything.

If I'm not mistaken, the fifth screen is actually hidden, but it's easy to unlock. I think there's a hack floating around with the fifth screen completely unlocked, but I'm really not sure about that... Fuzzy memory...