IGNORED

ADAM Game Disk Labels & Disk Sleeves (Interest Check)

pboland

The "Donkey Kong Junior - Prototype 5 Screen Version" was originally made available by a Coleco employee with the requirement of a code to be entered so that the 5th Level (Mario's Bakery) would be playable. Eventually, someone hacked the program to eliminate the requirement for the code to be entered via the controller keypad ((actually hacked a number of times seeing as the code was schrunken down from a lengthy set of numbers to just pressing the right and left firebuttons at the same time) and I posted this version on the forum a year or so ago under the "ADAM Game of ........." thread title.

The released DK Jr. Super Game and the unreleased DK Jr. Proto 5 Screen play exactly the same with, of course, the exception of the added and completely original 5th screen. I'm a completist, so I have disk version of both and soon, a label for the 5 Screen Version.

Yes, get both B.C. labels seeing as B.C. II: Grog's Revenge adds some extra animated title screens and extra mountain levels (don't remember how many) that aren't on the CV cart version and the "Best of" version is cool to have as well with both games on one media.

Okay, that sounds like I originally was thinking (since I don't need two DKjr games, just the best) I'm going to order 22 labels (everything but DKjr as it was) and 22 dust jackets. I'm jumping in with both feet on this Adam drive. I've wanted it for years. I started selling some stuff that wasn't thrilling me to get SGM money. That ended up selling out before I could buy it, and I won the disk drive. Honestly while I still want the SGM I think I'm more excited about the floppy drive after all this time :rolling:

Great to hear Ax. BTW, don't bother with the Turbo disk label if you haven't removed that from your order already. This was the first one I worked on with J-F and it remained in with the others after Phil took over the project.

Dang-it, passed 2000 posts and didn't even notice. :_(

Is Turbo the same as the CV cart? My wife doesn't think I should get labels and make disks if I'm not going to play something (Jeopardy, Family Feud maybe some others) but at this point putting $300+ into it thus far (including disks, a drive for PC so I can make adam disks, the drive itself, and then labels/sleeves) I don't know if it hurts to waste $1.50 each, even if they are only occasionally used :rolling: I say that and then there are times when $6 is a big deal (two stickers and two sleeves) when I'm broke. I must say I'm at least curious from the geek / gamer stand point to check them all out. Adam was my first computer. I could only dream about this back in the 80's.

Jeopardy and Family Feud are great games to play... especially with a group of people. When I have some time tomorrow, I'm going to assemble all the disk images and manual PDFs (that I have) for these games and post them in this thread to help everyone out.

Didn't you do some "ADAM game of the week" threads with those two games, a while back?

Didn't you do some "ADAM game of the week" threads with those two games, a while back?

Yes, PixelBoy, I did well over 20 of them (ADAM Homebrew and unreleased Coleco titles) and with a little SEARCHing of the forum they can be easily found, but for the sake of simplicity, I will post everything in here as well as provide some further links to threads that detail how to convert the image files back to ADAM disks that include all the necessary tools.

It's the least I can do after Phil did all the hard work of laying out the labels with all the text, examples and suggestions I made. If it inspires one more person to place an order for the labels with Phil, it was time well spent.

Here are all the Disk Images of the games that PBoland has made replica/repro labels for. I was planning on including PDFs of the manuals that I have as well, but they are too large to post on AA and I will have to edit them down, but I did put together some info. files for a number of the titles that will prove helpful in the meantime and by searching the web, you should be able to track down some of the PDFs.

Also, here is a link to a thread where I provide instructions and the MS-DOS programs required to transfer files back and forth between ADAM and MS-DOS format. Note that DCOPY is used to make a disk image file from an ADAM disk inserted in the PC drive OR make a new ADAM disk from a previously created Disk Image file onto a 5 1/4" disk inserted in the PC.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/177853-looking-for-specs-on-coleco-adam-floppy-drive-model-%237817-power-supply/page__hl__+dcopy?do=findComment&comment=2220845

ADAM Software for PBoland Labels.zip

ADAM Software Info. Files.zip

• Like 2

Here are all the Disk Images of the games that PBoland has made replica/repro labels for. I was planning on including PDFs of the manuals that I have as well, but they are too large to post on AA and I will have to edit them down, but I did put together some info. files for a number of the titles that will prove helpful in the meantime and by searching the web, you should be able to track down some of the PDFs.

Also, here is a link to a thread where I provide instructions and the MS-DOS programs required to transfer files back and forth between ADAM and MS-DOS format. Note that DCOPY is used to make a disk image file from an ADAM disk inserted in the PC drive OR make a new ADAM disk from a previously created Disk Image file onto a 5 1/4" disk inserted in the PC.

http://www.atariage....py#entry2220845

Thanks for posting this, I won't be able to do anything till next year as I just boxed up all my adam stuff yesterday. I took a quick look at the instructions and it said to boot into dos. do I actually have to boot into dos, or can I use a command window in window x?

I took a quick look at the instructions and it said to boot into dos. do I actually have to boot into dos, or can I use a command window in window x?

I have had success with using the Command Window (DOS window) with older versions of Windows, but I haven't tried with versions newer than 98. I like to take Windows completely out of the equation when using these transfer utilities and just boot-up an old PC system into DOS with a boot disk... not even use the "exit Windows into DOS" option.

I have had success with using the Command Window (DOS window) with older versions of Windows, but I haven't tried with versions newer than 98. I like to take Windows completely out of the equation when using these transfer utilities and just boot-up an old PC system into DOS with a boot disk... not even use the "exit Windows into DOS" option.

Okay, I will keep that in mind if I have issues. I do have a couple of older commodore pc clones that I could try if I have issues.

• 1 year later...

pboland does some really great work! Got many labels and sleeves. Here's a pic :) Thanks pboland.....

Indeed, PBoland's ADAM replica/repro labels are incredible and worth every bit of the very small price that he charges. BTW, if you didn't ask or he didn't inform you, he has a lot of other ADAM labels (basically a complete library of released and unreleased ADAM software) available that he hasn't posted about on here yet that we finished up last year. My 5 1/4" backup disk collection never looked so good!!!

I see that he changed his blue/white disk sleeve to beige/white... very nice!

BTW, I hate to nit-pick seeing as it might be your personal preference, but the labels should be centered on the disk and not offset all the way to the left.

pboland does some really great work! Got many labels and sleeves. Here's a pic :) Thanks pboland.....

Thanks rey! I'm glad you like them.

Indeed, PBoland's ADAM replica/repro labels are incredible and worth every bit of the very small price that he charges. BTW, if you didn't ask or he didn't inform you, he has a lot of other ADAM labels (basically a complete library of released and unreleased ADAM software) available that he hasn't posted about on here yet that we finished up last year. My 5 1/4" backup disk collection never looked so good!!!

I see that he changed his blue/white disk sleeve to beige/white... very nice!

Thanks Jim. You are correct. I now have these labels as well:

post-9874-0-05601800-1402056744_thumb.jpg

Quick note: The cost of the disk labels have went up a little. Each label is now $1.75 each. This is do to material costs increases.

I also have these three disk sleeve styles ($1.50 each disk sleeve):

post-9874-0-56676300-1402056823_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested please PM me.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...