IGNORED

Sealed 2600 system. What do they go for?

Video_Invader

Were VCS's ever sold sealed? There was no shrinkwrap, but was their identifiable tape-like seals?

Sealed in sense. Whatever it's called but the only thing i know is they were just simply glued at the ends. The way i see it, anyone can glue these back down. You just have to take the original owners word for it when they say "unopened"

When making an offer, what would it be before it's too much?

Mmmm... Well, that's hard to say, Lad. What with all of the over-pricing and over-paying that's going on across nearly all retro consoles found on ebay, craigslist and many of the other other middle-man sales sites it has of late become somewhat of guessing game as to what a fair offering price would be.

Perhaps you could devise a better opinion of that by finding and studying a few collectors guides and comparing the values mentioned there-in until you arrive at an offer that seems fair to both you and the seller.

I wish you good luck in the choice you decide on.

Sealed good luck getting proof lol. For any boxed VCS I personally would go as high as 80-100$ Canadian but it would have to be in pretty good shape and include all stock items inside with original plastic bags etc. . In my region of Earth its hard to get decent prices for VCS stuff on Craig's List, people slap the word Vintage into the title and expect $200 for a loose system. I'm getting another 2600 in a original box without innards with 17 loose games for $55 if that helps with your decision making. :)