IGNORED

New label

snstay

I love the Harmony Cart and Nathan Strum always does outstanding label art, but I've never liked the yin-yang. I don't mean on this specifically; I mean in general. I can't explain it and don't know why I feel this way, but I have a negative gut reaction to the symbol every time I see it. Odd? Maybe. I've always wanted to replace the label just for that reason, but probably never will. We'll see. (No tomato throwing, please). :lol:

About your label -- disrespectful? Nah, it's your cart; you gotta go with what you like. However, you may want to change the "Use with joystick controllers" to something a little more accurate. ;)

• Like 1

...However, you may want to change the "Use with joystick controllers" to something a little more accurate. ;)

Use with ALL controllers!

And change the "game program" to "game library"

I realize it was probably done on the web site, but you can use that as a starting point and put your own text over top with something like GIMP. The fonts are on atariage somewhere.

Ok all done $1.20 later at staples and i got 4 labels. Stuck it on the cart and this is what i got.

Not bad for just trying it on a whim lol.

Not that hard with GIMP i advise anyone to try it :) .

Scott

post-29965-0-49070300-1333977095_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I love the Harmony Cart and Nathan Strum always does outstanding label art, but I've never liked the yin-yang. I don't mean on this specifically; I mean in general. I can't explain it and don't know why I feel this way, but I have a negative gut reaction to the symbol every time I see it.

Thanks for the compliment. For what it's worth - I have the same reaction about the yin-yang. Consequently, that made the label more challenging to work on since Fred wanted the yin-yang included. But I just took it on strictly as a design element, and managed to come up with something that I was pretty pleased with. I look at every label as an opportunity to do something different, and there are things about every label I've done that I would go back and Lucas change if I could. As far as I'm concerned, if people want to change their labels - they paid money for their carts, and can do with them as they please. There are some carts of my own I'd happily rip the labels off of.

But making new ones would be too much work. ;)

Incidentally, after we'd already started working on the label, I happened across this contest entry for the Krokodile Cart. Same concept, color scheme, and even type of product. Pretty bizarre, huh?

Edited by Nathan Strum

I love the Harmony Cart and Nathan Strum always does outstanding label art, but I've never liked the yin-yang. I don't mean on this specifically; I mean in general. I can't explain it and don't know why I feel this way, but I have a negative gut reaction to the symbol every time I see it.

Thanks for the compliment. For what it's worth - I have the same reaction about the yin-yang. Consequently, that made the label more challenging to work on since Fred wanted the yin-yang included. But I just took it on strictly as a design element, and managed to come up with something that I was pretty pleased with. I look at every label as an opportunity to do something different, and there are things about every label I've done that I would go back and Lucas change if I could. As far as I'm concerned, if people want to change their labels - they paid money for their carts, and can do with them as they please. There are some carts of my own I'd happily rip the labels off of.

But making new ones would be too much work. ;)

Incidentally, after we'd already started working on the label, I happened across this contest entry for the Krokodile Cart. Same concept, color scheme, and even type of product. Pretty bizarre, huh?

Wow, I've never noticed that.

But it's worth pointing out that the yin and yang on Harmony weren't intended to symbolize a PC and a 2600 but rather ARM code and 6507 code running together in harmony.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a generic end label on 2600labelmaker.com or something like that (forget the exact site)... didn't bother cutting holes, since I bought the microSD version specifically because I intended to load it up with RomHunter's set and go. My biggest problem was I have yet to find a place around here that does vinyl labels (to be fair, I haven't looked all that hard)

I do have a question related to this though:

Has anyone made a UGC cover for the Harmony cart? Because I would love that so very much. The Cover Project only wants officially released games, and I've seen a few people make UGC covers for Everdrives, but I would love a Harmony one and I'm so bad at design...

I made a few and sent to Fred Quimby, he had some additional wishes and I added that to the version I liked best myself as he didn't mention if and which one he liked the best.

So I made one for myself and the Harmony looks a little bit more finished, had to try the others out as well...

http://postimg.org/gallery/1j5w8uos/

Cutting holes in photo paper is difficult, the top layer crumbles.

• Like 1

That's the one I glued to my cart and also added some graphics to (click for full picture).

Harmony_top_label_600dpi.png

Harmony_top_label_600dpi_large.png

I haven't heard from Fred in one and a half week so I haven't bothered cleaning up the AA-logo and such.

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Harmony cart is naked :-(. Is anyone willing to make me a label and I'll pay you? I tried printing and cutting, but it looks terrible. Can you buy an extra original one? I looked on the site and there is no way to contact anybody, just to buy it. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by RangerG

My Harmony cart is naked :-(. Is anyone willing to make me a label and I'll pay you? I tried printing and cutting, but it looks terrible. Can you buy an extra original one? I looked on the site and there is no way to contact anybody, just to buy it. Any help appreciated, thanks.

When you bought it, how do did you pay? Did you not get any shipping notice or similar?

Otherwise I'd check here:

http://atariage.com/...-cart-software/

Then I'd send batari a PM and ask for help...

Other was can be to google for:

"erstwhile technologies" fred quimby

Then you'll get an e-mail address in plain view in case you don't like PM:s. :-)

Edited by e5frog