IGNORED

Coleco Industries History Book

retroillucid

Progress has been done with the book

I frequently update the book as I receive new Coleco catalogs

In fact, I have now 90% of all existing catalogs now,.... Wich I'm more than happy to have

I should send the final text to Ikrananka in the next few weeks so he can proof read everything

I've think about this title for the book... Does it sounds right to you? .... Or any other ideas?

Coleco Industries; The Eternal Legacy

Good to hear it's coming along. You didn't answer my previous question through - did you get Nuvatec's involvement in the total re-design of the system to what the production version was?

Good to hear it's coming along. You didn't answer my previous question through - did you get Nuvatec's involvement in the total re-design of the system to what the production version was?

This is extremely important information that needs to be covered in the book and I'm sure it will be more than touched on by Retroillucid. Indeed Nuvatec's involvement, redesign and most importantly the addition of the front Expansion Module Interface should not be taken lightly and if you want to take it a step further... this expandability was one of the greatest additions as well as one of the worst. By this I mean it started the ball rolling for expanding the ColecoVision into a full-fledged computer which we all know now as the ADAM Computer.

I'm not saying this was the wrong thing to do as many other videogame manufacturers were following this formula back in the day, but in hindsight of knowing what transpired, I wish Coleco would have kept the two entities separate... so to speak. They could have probably continued on rather successfully with the ColecoVision as a dedicated game system and then taken their time entering the computer market with an entry that was ColecoVision compatible, like the Stand-Alone ADAM Computer.

I, for one, can't wait to see how this entire subject is handled in "The Book of Coleco" according to J-F. :P

This is extremely important information that needs to be covered in the book and I'm sure it will be more than touched on by Retroillucid. Indeed Nuvatec's involvement, redesign and most importantly the addition of the front Expansion Module Interface should not be taken lightly and if you want to take it a step further... this expandability was one of the greatest additions as well as one of the worst. By this I mean it started the ball rolling for expanding the ColecoVision into a full-fledged computer which we all know now as the ADAM Computer.

I'm not saying this was the wrong thing to do as many other videogame manufacturers were following this formula back in the day, but in hindsight of knowing what transpired, I wish Coleco would have kept the two entities separate... so to speak. They could have probably continued on rather successfully with the ColecoVision as a dedicated game system and then taken their time entering the computer market with an entry that was ColecoVision compatible, like the Stand-Alone ADAM Computer.

I, for one, can't wait to see how this entire subject is handled in "The Book of Coleco" according to J-F. :P

Glad to hear it if that's the case. I interviewed one of their ex-employees at length back in 2001, and was surprised as well to find out how they had took the proto and redid the entire thing to be of a general purpose computer with open bus (expansion bus). Also to find out what came was the actual first proof of concept game on that version. ;)

Here's some updates:

I decided to distribute the book in ebook too

So both real and ebook will be available

Also, I'll put some advertises pages, the first advertise I'll put is obviously; AtariAge ;)

Then all homebrewers and publishers will also be included... ie: Opcode, Team Pixelboy, Daniel Bienvenu, Youki, bfggamepassion etc.

Also, all the best coleco, colecovision, adam website and webstore

Here's some updates:

I decided to distribute the book in ebook too

So both real and ebook will be available

Also, I'll put some advertises pages, the first advertise I'll put is obviously; AtariAge ;)

Then all homebrewers and publishers will also be included... ie: Opcode, Team Pixelboy, Daniel Bienvenu, Youki, bfggamepassion etc.

Also, all the best coleco, colecovision, adam website and webstore

Um, what kind of "advertizing" are you talking about, exactly? Aside from Gulkave and Girl's Garden, all my games are practically sold out (I'm keeping my few remaining copies for AdamCon in July), so I definately don't need any publicity at the moment...

Also to find out what game was the actual first proof of concept game on that version. ;)

Ah, good ole' Cosmic Avenger.

Did you know that Smurf Rescue was actually the first Coleco In-House programmed game and not Donkey Kong?

I'm taking it you talked to the same ex-Nuvatec employee I did in the early 2000's?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to present a Museum project to the owner of the 4000 St Ambroise (Coleco of Canada) over the next year...if possible

Now having a great collection of Coleco toys and products for 50s to late 80s, I would like the whole collection to be displayed at ex coleco of canada bullding in Montreal

Last year, I visited the huge bullding looking for area for a Coleco Museum.... To my own susrprise, there's alot of room left wich would make a perfect area for a Coleco Museum!

What I really want, is a place where all Coleco, Colecovision and ADAM fans could visit and see the whole history of Coleco Industries

A place where all you wanted to see is there!

Displayed products, prototypes and interactive displays

And what if the owner of the Montreal building refuse? ......

There's always the Connecticut! ;)

I will gladly GIVE my whole Coleco Collection for a dedicate Coleco museum, as long as its in Montreal or Connecticut

• Like 2

• 8 months later...