IGNORED

Can we have a separate NES section here at AA?

I realize that this is Atari Age, but I have often wondered why there isn't a separate section for all things NES. If this question has been brought up and beat to death, I apologize. The thing is that the Coleco has its own section, the Intellivision...and the later systems have High Score Clubs, which are great.

It's just that a lot of my NES related posts have only one place to go, and that's in the Classic Gaming General section. It's not a bad option, but I wonder if there's another way.

I've gone over to Nintendo Age, or whaterver that site is called...it's just not much fun, no offence to those running the show. I come here for pretty much all my retrogaming fixes; one-stop shopping if you will. And having a section here might bring more people in general to this site because I haven't found any place out there that has the same flavour as AA...and there's tons of NES fans as we all know.

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Hey, there is already a Genesis section!!??? I forgot about that.

And already an NES high score section....it would be very easy to add an NES section....I know.....I started my own forum...it is VERY to add/remove/change sections. It would literally take me less then 5 minutes on my forum to add a few sections.

On one hand it's an Atari site.

But on the other hand there's a Genny sub, and I'm pretty sure an NES sub would see just as much traffic.

But on the other other hand once there's an NES sub, people will want an SNES one, then a TG-16 one, then a Neo-geo one, then a Gizmond- wait, what am I saying, nobody would want that!

Hmm....

I also believe it would benefit. But I don't think it should just be NES. It should be Nintendo, all classic consoles. Same as I'd have been happy with the Genesis forum being everything Sega, to include SMS and GameGear.

And I'm sure there would be plenty of conversations to continue in the main classic gaming forum.

I'm on AtariAge, NintendoAge, and SegaAge. In order of maturity, it's NA, then SA, then here. I'd love to have a board here.

Where do you rank Sega-16?

Sega-16 failed to work on my computer once when I was browsing it, so I closed the tab and never went back. So, not a member.

I'm on AtariAge, NintendoAge, and SegaAge. In order of maturity, it's NA, then SA, then here. I'd love to have a board here.

Where do you rank Sega-16?

Sega-16 failed to work on my computer once when I was browsing it, so I closed the tab and never went back. So, not a member.

...wat.

As for a ranking, in maturity, I'd say AA>NA>SA>S16. For humor though, I'd say S16>NA>AA>SA.

I'm neither for nor against an NES forum, but I fail to see the logic in having a genesis forum but not a SNES one.

Someone above mentioned turning the genny forum into a Sega forum (master system and mega drive and game gear). and starting a new Nintendo forum (NES, SNES, Game boy)

That seems to be the best solution

• Like 2

I'm neither for nor against an NES forum, but I fail to see the logic in having a genesis forum but not a SNES one.

Someone above mentioned turning the genny forum into a Sega forum (master system and mega drive and game gear). and starting a new Nintendo forum (NES, SNES, Game boy)

That seems to be the best solution

Yeah, I could see a general "Nintendo" and "Sega" forum being more practical.

Though, TBH, I really don't have a problem with things as they are.