IGNORED

Interesting that atari age's polls voted magicard rarest...

Godzilla

Interesing how the readers of atari age's forums rated commavids magicard as the rarest 2600 cartridge, when only owners of the magicard could get video life. Thus drastically reducing the number of people who got video life, and making video life tons rarer than the magicard.

What do you think?

Interesing how the readers of atari age's forums rated commavids magicard as the rarest 2600 cartridge, when only owners of the magicard could get video life. Thus drastically reducing the number of people who got video life, and making video life tons rarer than the magicard.  

Agreed 100%. Video Life (I think) is the rarest.

Yep, it is the Men-A-Vision game. It's not likely we will know how many games of Air Raid were produced or released. But perhaps that goes for Video Life as well? I have a letter from CommaVid that states that they intended to produce 1200 games combined of Magicard and Video Life. They may have ended up with only 20 Video Lifes, like the CommaVid guys told John and Sean. What amazes me is that we can account for about half of the Video Lifes in existence then. I don't think any other game, besides Cubicolor and homebrews, has that high of a "hit rate".

If there were hundreds or even thousands of Air Raids, I think it would be likely that we should have seen some more. I personally know of only two popping up in the past ten years, but perhaps others know dozens more owners. Who knows, Men-A-Vision may have been some kind of homebrew company - are there any ads known to exist?

Cheers,

Marco