IGNORED

Found these today at a yard sale.

Armageddon Potato

I was yard sale hopping today, and it had been pretty slow. Slow until I came across a very late in the day yard sale where I could see an Atari 5200 sitting amoungst some things. I decided to check it out, and asked if he had any more games. He told me he had some more in the garage. He pulled out 32 NES games, 2 NES units, 2 SNES units, gameboy stuff, N64 stuff, and Atari 2600 stuff. I was very surprised this was all still here and he hadn't put it out at the actual yard sale. As I was looking I noticed some strange looking Atari 2600 games with labels on them in the very bottom of the atari 2600 box of stuff he had. They were completely loose boards too. I asked if he knew what they were. He told me his grandmother used to work for Atari. She used to bring games back home and play them before they were released. He said they used to have a lot more, but they had since been lost or thrown out. I eventually bought all the games he had at the yard sale, and I was very curious as to what these might be?

I'm no expert on atari stuff, or if they are actual protos or something else? I have cleaned and tested them all. They all worked!

Here's some pics:

-------------------------

Top left: Frogger

Top right: Realsports Baseball

Middle 3: Pheonix

Bottom 3: E.T.

They have some stuff written/etched into them:

V5 on the middle ET

D on the left ET

T on the right Pheonix

2012-04-07201837.jpg

2012-04-07201801.jpg

(Picture I took on my phone when I found them.)

1333843990396.jpg

So does anyone know what these are exactly? At first I assumed they were just games that had lost their shells, but they seem unusual so I figured it'd be best to ask you guys!

PM SENT!!!

I will send my wife to fight you for them !!

I'll let you have the Pong proto for free.......it only has 1 paddle on screen, but should play fine otherwise..... :evil:

Forget the other offers...I'll trade you + $$$!!!! :P

post-29022-0-26930900-1334021843_thumb.png

Most likely they are prototypes. Its well known atari had a library of "loaner carts" employees could check out, and these carts surface from time to time in the collections of former employees. So while not totaly unheard of, they are rare to find in the wild.

Oh fuck ya! Must be protos! You sure did save the day man!