IGNORED

30th Anniversary Limited Edition ColecoVision T-Shirts - Opinions

Ikrananka

Similarly to the 30th Anniversary patches that RelliK is selling, I have agreed with retroillucid to organise a limited edition run of 30th Anniversary T-Shirts (Men and Ladies) and Long Sleeve Shirts. These will be sold to raise money for a CollectorVision cart mould. I have attached some example images of what they might look like but want to canvas opinion from the masses as to what would look best, I know this might just open a can of worms with loads of differing opinions, however I am hoping that there will be some commonality amongst the responses that I can use to ensure that the final products appeal to as many people as possible.

To keep each shirts' cost to a reasonable level I am restricting the printing type to standard digital printing (NOT screen printing) and to a single location on each shirt.

So, please have a look at the images and comment on the following aspects:

Logo Size

Logo Position

Logo Location

Logo Colour(s)

If there are any suggestions for a good place (low cost - goood quality) to have these printed in Canada then please let me know.

post-5757-0-30426700-1333983257_thumb.jpg

post-5757-0-86295100-1333983263_thumb.jpg

post-5757-0-42794000-1333983267_thumb.jpg

post-5757-0-96273000-1333983272_thumb.jpg

post-5757-0-91300300-1333983277_thumb.jpg

post-5757-0-62028900-1333983280_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I LOVE the black version on the bottom especially if that is front and back of the shirt. I would definately buy that. I think I like the gray leaves better so that they don't stand out like the white ones seem to do.

Don't change a thing and send it out to me :thumbsup: :lust:

Same here! love the black ones!

All examples are Front only, i.e. only ONE logo per shirt. I hadn't planned on there being anything on the backs.

Any suggestions for improvements welcome?

I would pay extra to get both logos. small on the front with big one on the back. That would look AWESOME. Don't know if I would buy a shirt or not with just the front like that.

• Like 1

All examples are Front only, i.e. only ONE logo per shirt. I hadn't planned on there being anything on the backs.

Any suggestions for improvements welcome?

I would pay extra to get both logos. small on the front with big one on the back. That would look AWESOME. Don't know if I would buy a shirt or not with just the front like that.

I agree I the small on the front and big on the back :) Last 2 pics is what I would want ;-)

From the pics, I like the black Shirts, large grey logo.... just thinking white might turn out better on shirts though.

I think if you get a silk screen.... the cost is in the screen setup.... cost of shirts after that is little compared.

Edited by Brett McLean

I also like the black with the grey leaves. Check Vistaprint.ca - they do everything print-related, but I'm not sure how cost effective the shirts would be compared to other places. Unless I don't know how to read their site properly, it looks like black shirts with printing on front and back would be around $13 a shirt, plus some up front costs.

Edit: On second look, it appears to be around $30 for the above.

Edit #2: you can get matching mugs too!

Edited by misspent_youth

yes.. very expensive.. check my thread to see the black shirt I made.

$6 extra for black shirt... $6 extra for uploading your own design etc..

I also like the black with the grey leaves. Check Vistaprint.ca - they do everything print-related, but I'm not sure how cost effective the shirts would be compared to other places. Unless I don't know how to read their site properly, it looks like black shirts with printing on front and back would be around $13 a shirt, plus some up front costs.

We'll hopefully be doing these in bulk so that should help keep the cost down (at least a little). Plus, timing will be key to obtain the right discount at the right time (for example vistaprint just ended a 50% deal and they ALWAYS have deals on). Pricing these is going to be difficult and so I may well just state a possible range and say that I'll get the best deal I can.

Yes - I know vistaprint can do mugs - see example above :)

Yep - looks like double sided printing (front and back) could be done for around $30. Does that put people off?

Yep - looks like double sided printing (front and back) could be done for around $30. Does that put people off?

It doesn't put me off because I really like it alot and would love to have them. I would commit to buying 3 if you get the double sided.

If you do the small crest on the front only and not both sides of the shirt then i would probably only get 1. I definately would want black, or any other color, I hate white shirts.

If you are doing in bulk.. i'd look into silk screening and not vistaprint (or other direct to shirt printing) It just can't match the sharpness or bright colours of silk screening on black.

My issue with silk screening is that it can't do colour gradients. I have nice gradients setup in the logo at present. Now I could change these to colour bands (much as Coleco did on many of their boxes) but just feel that this loses the sexiness of the gradients.

Beside, I'm not sure how much bulk we'll have here - rather a luke warm reception to this thread so I'm not expecting demand to be as high as I had hoped.

• 2 weeks later...

Until Friday you could get these done for $17 on Vistaprint with code FacebookFan5000

Hi if you are having issues please use this link:http://www.vistaprint.ca/vp/gateway.aspx?S=1173237&PREURL=%2Fvp%2Fns%2Fdefault.aspx&cc=FacebookFan5000

The offer applies to any order in your cart or items you add to your cart after you hit the above link or the link on our tab. Sorry for any issues we may have caused!