IGNORED

Atari 2600 256 game multicart price check

black dog

I have an Atari 2600 256 game multicart in excellent condition and I was wondering if someone could give me an approximate worth of it. Sorry for no pic but it is one with the switches on it and it is sort of an orangish color. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it is a pirate cart, then the number of games on the cart does not dictate the value. The value depends more on the cart shape and label, so unless you are facile in the descriptors (I'm pretty hardcore and I don't even know all the accepted cart case names), pictures will be necessary. A loose value range for a 256 in 1 pirate multicart is $20-$40.

Edited by ianoid

Thought so. And like I said, $120 from a private seller wasn't too outrageous 2-3 years ago. And again... the Harmony Cart has been released since then, so will more than likely put a damper on its value.

BTW: 4-Jays website is horribly outdated. They mostly (exclusively?) only operate via ePay these days. You need to mail them and ask if what you saw on the site is in stock, currently priced and all that.

I confirmed that it is a Sean Kelly multicart.It is sold on 4jays for $150.

That cart is only worth about $35 bucks. It's all 4k games so any of the 8k, 16k or 32k games are not on it. As previously mentioned the new SD card based multicarts have totally made these old multicarts worthless compaired to their former value years ago.

If it is a pirate cart, then the number of games on the cart does not dictate the value. The value depends more on the cart shape and label, so unless you are facile in the descriptors (I'm pretty hardcore and I don't even know all the accepted cart case names), pictures will be necessary. A loose value range for a pirate multicart is $20-$50.

I'm seling these too cheap then :D

Oh man, why did you have to go and tell my international hook-up for multi carts there true value, lol

If it is a pirate cart, then the number of games on the cart does not dictate the value. The value depends more on the cart shape and label, so unless you are facile in the descriptors (I'm pretty hardcore and I don't even know all the accepted cart case names), pictures will be necessary. A loose value range for a pirate multicart is $20-$50.

Oh man, why did you have to go and tell my international hook-up for multi carts there true value, lol

What? I'm totally buying from your international hookup too and he's selling to me too expensive!

I was thinking I'd be tempering expectations for 256 in 1s. I wasn't talking about 2 in 1s, 4 in 1s and other smaller ones. I don't value 256 in 1s higher, but it seems like they do get a little more cash than the smaller multis.

My ranges always assume stuff is in excellent condition. You can pretty much halve my ranges when the cart isn't mint. I should be more specific. SORRY!

• Like 1

What? I'm totally buying from your international hookup too and he's selling to me too expensive!

I was thinking I'd be tempering expectations for 256 in 1s. I wasn't talking about 2 in 1s, 4 in 1s and other smaller ones. I don't value 256 in 1s higher, but it seems like they do get a little more cash than the smaller multis.

My ranges always assume stuff is in excellent condition. You can pretty much halve my ranges when the cart isn't mint. I should be more specific. SORRY!

I don't think CC is that phased. I haven't sold him a pirate cart in about 5 years :-D IIRC he ended up selling most of the stuff I sold him when he got married at reasonable profits ;)

• Like 1

I don't think CC is that phased. I haven't sold him a pirate cart in about 5 years :-D IIRC he ended up selling most of the stuff I sold him when he got married at reasonable profits ;)

lol, yeah don't worry Ian I was just pulling your chain :) Dino is correct, all that stuff is long gone ;)