Retro Rogue

Jack Tramiel dead

Guys, just got confirmation from his son Leonard, a friend of mine. I'm sorry to say that Jack passed away yesterday. The man was an immense influence in the consumer electronics/computing industry whose legacy allowed many of us to enjoy years of great memories. My sincerest thoughts goes out to his family in their time of loss.

Curt and I were supposed to interview him next week for the book on Atari Corp. Was really excited to get the chance to meet and spend time him. :(

• Like 14

Wow... I would have liked to have met him as well, albeit for the Commodore side of course. RIP Jack :(

Looks like this year and last are the years we're we've lost some great pioneers of the industry. I think I'm going to play some C64 now...

If anyone can get a real link or confirmation (my search turning up only Google Group / Tumblr etc) please post a link here........

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

That is really sad news. Our thoughts go out to his family. Rest in peace Jack, you kept Atari alive and achieved great things.

Link or it didn't happen.

As stated, I just got confirmation directly from his son Leonard.

Currently assisting a writer from Forbes on the obit article.

• Like 1

Thank you Marty.

I'm so sorry to hear that. He was a real pioneer. My deepest sympathy to his family.

JT was massively influential and his products brought great pleasure to many. Another pioneer passes, but at least we can still enjoy his legacy with the great Commodore and Atari products his companies left behind.

Truly saddened by this news...he was just one of the many technology pioneers who shaped a large part of my childhood. He certainly left a very positive mark in the history books. Rest in peace.

Another constant figure from my geeky life gone... Rest in peace.

I'm going to play a bit of Jack Attack in honour of the man's vision.

• Like 2

Thank you Mr. Tramiel for my XE, XEGS, STe, Lynx and Jaguar. I wouldn't be the developer that I am today without your wonderful toys. RIP. :_( :skull:

Edited by Master Phruby
  • Like 1

Love him or hate him, his impact was undenyable. Thanks Mr. Tramiel for the 2600 Jr and for fighting to bring the 7800 out of obscurity. My consolences to the Tramiel family.