IGNORED

Jack Tramiel dead :(

Have to appreciate JT and the work he did keeping Atari relevent well past its prime. I loved the ST and got alot of mileage out of it. RIP Jack.

Sad there hasnt been more mention of this - the C64 alone should've gotten some mention on the news. I think Mike Wallace passing away the same day may have influenced it.

Sad news indeed.

I don't post here often. but i felt the need today.

My 520 ST wasn't my first pc, but it was definitely my favorite computer of all time.

It looked sooo freaking advanced when it came out. I had so much fun playing with GFA Basic

and Degas Elite. And logging onto local BBS systems was always fun. Waiting for the newest issue

of STart magazine to come in the mail. Or traveling to Barnes&Noble to pick up the latest copy

of ST Format. Owning a computer with a REAL monitor was amazing....playing Dungeon Master

till the wee hours of the morning. I could go on all night here about the "ST" days. The ST's

brand new GUI interface, looks like kids play today. But looked the future of computing. Going my local

Atari user group meeting. Seeing the guys from Gribnif demo Neodesk 3 in person was neat.

One weird thing i missed that the ST didn't have, a top loading cartidge slot like my old 800xl.

Time to fire up Steem... and watch some old interview videos of Jack on the web.... :(