IGNORED

Munch Man Jackpot .... yet another bandit game!

TEXAS_JOE

So far so good, the cash display is added, in a little box in keeping with the Munchman graphics. The reels are giving me a problem, the first spins as it should but the next two stop at the same time. This is probably down to a moment of stupidity in my code.

The graphics for the reels will be altered. I'm not 100 percent happy with those. I think they need to be closer together but yet still a character width apart to stop them looking too cluttered.

I'm happy with the overall graphics. I've also added two Texas Instruments symbols to the top left and right within the box.

It is Rolf Harris. I decided to use him because of his famous phrase "Can you see what it is yet" .... regarding my work in progress.

Most people on here will hopefully be able to see just what it is, given that Munch Man to the TI 99 is practically what John Wayne is to cowboy films.

post-30542-0-43822600-1334117112_thumb.png

The graphics are now to my satisfaction, as are the sounds. The reels are now spinning as they should be.

I've decided to have a scoring and his-coring system, which works like this;

Say we get a $4 win, then the initial score goes up by 4 points. Whatever else we get, it adds on to that.

At the end of the game, we get a new hi-score so long as our score is higher. (first time play creates initial hi-score)

So with putting that in, I've now got an issue with the hi-score variable not showing itself on the screen. God knows why , it's all there in the code!

Annoying, I've just spent 5 solid hours tinkering with the code and it's still the same. I'll get around it somehow!

;-) :-D :P

:skull: ;) :)

:-o :D :spidey:

Edited by TEXAS_JOE
  • Like 1

Thanks Rocky

I redraw the characters pixel by pixel. This is simply 'cos I havent a clue how to use any conversion tools.

I have fun drawing the graphics too ;)

haha i understand this.. i remember when i was 10 years old, i redraw pixel by pixel all the charset of TI-Artist to steal the password with a fake login page..

if you search in the forum, i posted a conversion tool in flash, very easy to use ( even if it wasn't very well coded :( )

• Like 1

When I did the sounds , I had two laptops on one table. My Linux machine was fired up to run the original Munchman game. Then on the Windows machine, I had two instances of Classic99 running at the same time. One was for pasting my code into, and the other one was running a little program I made myself that lets the user input sound values. It plays the value on a duration of 200 and I enter sounds again and again until they sound close (ish) ..... Then I simply write the sounds into notepad and copy and paste into the Classic99 that's waiting for code.

Example; The code for when you match any 3 symbols;

9900 CALL SOUND(300,1400,1)

9910 CALL SOUND(300,1150,1)

9920 CALL SOUND(100,1400,1)

9930 CALL SOUND(100,1150,1)

9935 CALL SOUND(50,1400,1)

9936 CALL SOUND(50,1150,1)

9940 FOR L=1 TO 10

9950 CALL SOUND(10,1150,1)

9960 CALL SOUND(10,1400,1)

9970 NEXT L

If you copy that into Classic99 and run it, you'll find it's not a bad representation of the original Munch Man winning the maze sound.

(Bear in mind of course, I'm unsure wether initial sound values are made any different using Wilhelm under Classic99)

Generally, I'm not good with sound, and I find it a complete pain to code. But I knew I had to try with this one because Munchman, like Tombstone, has some unique sounds .... I wasn't entirely happy with what I did with the sound in Tombstone but I just wanted to get the game written and done. (TI99 time always spills over into real life time and I get into bother for that) ...... :)

It has been decided .... that I am going to do one last bandit machine game. It won't be too soon, I have to tend to RL issues going on at the moment.

The game will be based on Parsec and will utilize Richard Gilberston's RXB module (My apologies to owners of real TI's who don't have this software)

It is intended to use sprites and I wanted to make a scrolling starfield in some way.

Edited by TEXAS_JOE

It's in the making. I have an intro sequence more or less coded, it does look good. I will post onto here when I'm happy with what I've done.

As I said before though, I don't know how long it's gonna take due to RL issues at the mo.

But it's, as we say, in the bag. :)