IGNORED

Ouragan, new version.

vince

8 years after first trys, here's a new release of OURAGAN (a Tempest clone for the Lynx, in french, "ouragan" is the word for "hurricane") was shown yesterday at the AC2012 (Atari & Retro computing fan's event in France).

Featuring :

¤ 3D vision (with bi color glasses)

¤ Accelerometer

¤ Sound (music, no SFX)

¤ High reactivity improving gaming experience

¤ Simple but funny gameplay

More informations, videos, sound and pictures (French and English) here : http://devlynx.ti-fr.com/ouragan.php

• Like 2

Thanks for feedback.

Will you be releasing the ROM (right now it is linking to localhost/fake.lnx)? And possibly source code?

localhost/fake.lnx is a private joke for two friends of mine...

I will probably (this week or next week) release a ROM with no accelerometer feature so that you can play it with an emulator.

I know, I played a bit (like a child with a new toy) with the parrot démo on the 1st prototype at the AC show 2 years ago. During this 2 years, he reworked Ouragan (a 7 years old game written during a show) to include accelerometer feature & 3D. Too bad I couldn't attend to the AC show this year to play it...

It's not a joke, the cartridge includes a three axis accelerometer and an eeprom.

I posted (on the official page) a video where I play without joystick, just tilting the Lynx to turn left or right...

I sent a demo cartridge to RYGAR, he promised me to make a review as soon as possible.

Concerning the new level, bullet and enemy positions ar not totally exact, it's not a bug, this is due to approximations while computing positions... (I had not enough time to do more)

I tried the new version and also put the green/red glasses on. Wow! It works perfect.

This begs the question: do you have a library or reusable piece of API that can be used in other games?

Keep up the good work. This is awesome.