IGNORED

Opcode Club

opcode

Quick update: Dale is about to start working on the Opcode Club stuff, while Jess has something really special for issue #1 of the magazine. Stay tuned...

In case you haven't done so yet, please subscribe:

Send the following information to club[at]opcodegames[dot]com. Of course replace [at] with @ and [dot] with . :

Full name (as you want it to appear in your member card):

Address, City, State, Zip:

Edited by opcode

Yes, still aiming for June. However Jess is still working on the magazine, and he is kind of secretive about the content, I only know bits and pieces, but I can already say I am super impressed so far, suffices to say it is well beyond Opcode marketing.. I believe we are going to get quite an influx of new members once the content is revealed...

About price, it could end costing a bit more, but surely not more than $10. That will depend on a number of factors, like the final number of pages of the magazine, originally planned as 8 pages (4 sheets) and the quality of printing (laser versus offset). But I am ready to absorb some of the expenses, at least the setup costs.

Edited by opcode

I'm in!

I miss the old days and I'm happy to see a return to one of the best systems of the early 80s. I was never a member of any of the gaming clubs back then. That will all change now! :)

Man, I'm feeling like a kid again...wait...I don't think I ever grew up! ;)

Whose up for a pizza party at Chuck E Cheese and endless game playing in their arcade! :D

Hey, with all the talk of the club, SGM, CV2, possible new PCB for replacing the original CV PCB in the original cases, has anyone thought about the return of the Colecovision kiosk that was seen in the big toy stores in the 80s? :P Although a smaller made for home one would be neat. :)

Edited by Draugr

Hey, with all the talk of the club, SGM, CV2, possible new PCB for replacing the original CV PCB in the original cases, has anyone thought about the return of the Colecovision kiosk that was seen in the big toy stores in the 80s? :P Although a smaller made for home one would be neat. :)

Follow this link....

http://www.atarimuseum.com/articles/phillyclassic/kiosks/coleco/colecokiosk.html

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard from Opcode lately? I'm getting close to finishing the first issue of the newsletter, but there is some assistance I'll need from him before it's done.

I haven't heard from him either. I don't know if he's back from Brazil or not...

I apologize for the lack of updates. Personal issues kept me away during my first week back to the US. I am now trying to catch up with all the late stuff, emails, projects, etc.

More info soon.

BTW, we have reached 80 members

• Like 1

I am accepting suggestions for the name of the club magazine (it is going to be offset printed most probably). The name doesn't need to be Opcode related (i.e., include the word "Opcode" in the name), but should at least be ColecoVision related.

Not too bad, though Coleclub would conflict with the "Opcode Club" name, wouldn't it?

Anyways, to keep with the premise of a mail club (or mostly mail), the club now has an official address:

Opcode Club

P.O. Box 28

Franklin, MA 02038-0028

USA

Not too bad, though Coleclub would conflict with the "Opcode Club" name, wouldn't it?

Anyways, to keep with the premise of a mail club (or mostly mail), the club now has an official address:

Opcode Club

P.O. Box 28

Franklin, MA 02038-0028

USA

So you're going to go full retro with this, and make everyone pay for their subscription by mail, with a check or money order? :D

Opcode Club

P.O. Box 28

Franklin, MA 02038-0028

USA

So you're going to go full retro with this, and make everyone pay for their subscription by mail, with a check or money order? :D

We used to mail cash. If coins, we'd tape them onto a piece of paper.