IGNORED

Opcode Club

opcode

Yeah, that one gives me a warm fuzzy feeling...something new, but something familiar...

How about "Opcode Experience", i.e. paying homage to the ColecoVision Experience magazine?

Oooooh! I like that one! :lust:

Ya I like that one also! I think you may have found a winner! :party:

Edited by RelliK111

I am accepting suggestions for the name of the club magazine (it is going to be offset printed most probably). The name doesn't need to be Opcode related (i.e., include the word "Opcode" in the name), but should at least be ColecoVision related.

How about...

The Vision: A Coleco Experience

We split and rearrange the word ColecoVision and also pay homage to Coleco's own club magazine "CV Experience".

• Like 1

I am accepting suggestions for the name of the club magazine (it is going to be offset printed most probably). The name doesn't need to be Opcode related (i.e., include the word "Opcode" in the name), but should at least be ColecoVision related.

How about...

The Vision: A Coleco Experience

We split and rearrange the word ColecoVision and also pay homage to Coleco's own club magazine "CV Experience".

I like that one also!!! :-D

How about "Opcode Experience", i.e. paying homage to the ColecoVision Experience magazine?

Oooooh! I like that one! :lust:

I agree too, that's a good choice! :thumbsup:

Good, so be it. Opcode Experience - The Coleco Fan Magazine. Or perhaps "The Coleco Enthusiast Magazine"....

• Like 1

remove me, I have lost faith after waiting on DKA and the expansion modole for over 2 years

I am sorry to hear that. I perfectly understand that I can be really frustrating to wait for something for so long, but please understand that being responsible for creating and producing such device can be equally frustrating, if not more.

Designing is just one of the steps involved in producing a piece of hardware, and in this case not even the most complicated one. Coordinating the hundreds of small details involved into manufacturing such device is the real challenge, I have been working hard since early this year to make that happen. In addition to that I must manage my personal life, I have a full time job that I must keep to pay my bills, a family that needs my attention, etc. So yeah, it can be really frustrating sometimes.

Anyways, you have been removed as requested.

OPCODE ! Make sure i'm in! :grin: I forgot if i told you already ! but just in case I'M IN !!!!!

You are Toby, right? I don't see your name is my list. You sure you sent an email to the club account? Anyways, could you please send again?

BTW, anyone here that hasn't received a confirmation email from Opcode Club, that means we didn't receive your request. Please contact us again at club[at]opcodegames[dot]com.

We are now approaching 90 members.

Today is June 23rd already, so it is clear the club won't meet its planned June start. However be assured we are working hard to have it started ASAP. The magazine is almost done, we are only missing a final feature. Dale is working on the Club stuff, like logos and assorted designs, and I got samples from the printer this week for most of the paperwork, like letterheads, envelopes, magazine, etc.

So we are definitively getting there.

• Like 2

On one hand I can understand Yurkie's views...1-2-3 years is a long time to wait for something new

(most times it is worth it - Lady bug - 2600 Pac Man collection - Colecovision etc..)

I HAVE PAID for game orders that are around a year old or more older and have yet to receive...

The list is long but I have faith in the members here and they will eventually make good.

Long live Colecovision and Atari

Jeff

I would like to apologize to you publicly Opcode. I was play PMC last night and got to thinking about DKA and got frustrated about the delay.

Forgive me?

Your name is back to the list. Actually I never removed it, since you posted that Friday night, and I know you have a history of posting things you didn't want to say on Friday nights. :)

• Like 2

On one hand I can understand Yurkie's views...1-2-3 years is a long time to wait for something new

(most times it is worth it - Lady bug - 2600 Pac Man collection - Colecovision etc..)

I HAVE PAID for game orders that are around a year old or more older and have yet to receive...

The list is long but I have faith in the members here and they will eventually make good.

Jeff

Well, that is why I don't get money in advance for things that aren't ready to ship.

I would like to apologize to you publicly Opcode. I was play PMC last night and got to thinking about DKA and got frustrated about the delay.

Forgive me?

Your name is back to the list. Actually I never removed it, since you posted that Friday night, and I know you have a history of posting things you didn't want to say on Friday nights. :)

:lol: Funny... :lol:

Jeff

Well, that is why I don't get money in advance for things that aren't ready to ship.

Same here. For outsourced projects, I try not to nag the homebrew authors too much, because I know they understand that I run a tight schedule (I'm releasing more than just six games this year) and that meeting the final Christmas deadline is important to me. So my strategy is to start projects at the beginning of the year, to give everyone (including myself) enough time to finish their parts. The downside is that I don't release any games during the year.

I have to say that even if I had games to release right now, I wouldn't go ahead with sales. I had my lesson with Road Fighter and Pac-Man Collection years ago: It's very hard to get people to reply to e-mail (let alone pay for their orders) in the summer when everyone's going away on vacation. Summer is definately not a good time for selling homebrew games via private e-mail.

Opcode could have had this stuff out two years ago, but he obviously doesn't pay his hundreds of employees enough and they've been slacking off...

Forgive me?

• Like 1

Opcode could have had this stuff out two years ago, but he obviously doesn't pay his hundreds of employees enough and they've been slacking off...

Forgive me?

Indeed, in retrospect I think I should have given them that raise when they went on strike 2 years ago... Oh well...

Edited by opcode
  • Like 1

Forgive me?

Indeed, in retrospect I think I should have given them that raise when they went on strike 2 years ago... Oh well...

:lol:

Isn't one of your ex-employee who founded, Team Pixelboy? :D :P