IGNORED

Opcode Club

opcode

I gonna say, I saw a couple of things yesterday and I am hyped.

I feel the same every time I see new stuff coming from you ;)

Well, I think this time Jess and Dale deserve all the credit. Please hang in there because it is looking good...

Edited by opcode
  • Like 1

Ok, here is a quick update. Jess is done with the magazine text, Dale is now working on the magazine layout. The first issue will have 12 pages, 150g glossy paper, and will be offset printed. That is right, no cheap laser printing, we are going professional quality here. More about the magazine, including content, soon... But let me say it is more than just a glorified Opcode catalog.

Total number of members is now 90, which is good. Final membership process (including payment) will start later this month, once the magazine is ready to print. The reason is simple, membership includes a plastic card with embossed name, so they must be custom made. For that I need members to confirm their membership by sending payment. I will offer both MO and Paypal, with Paypal being a bit more expensive due to fees.

• Like 3

Ok, here is a quick update. Jess is done with the magazine text, Dale is now working on the magazine layout. The first issue will have 12 pages, 150g glossy paper, and will be offset printed. That is right, no cheap laser printing, we are going professional quality here. More about the magazine, including content, soon... But let me say it is more than just a glorified Opcode catalog.

Total number of members is now 90, which is good. Final membership process (including payment) will start later this month, once the magazine is ready to print. The reason is simple, membership includes a plastic card with embossed name, so they must be custom made. For that I need members to confirm their membership by sending payment. I will offer both MO and Paypal, with Paypal being a bit more expensive due to fees.

Can we use paypal and gift the money to you? That way you don't haft to pay any paypal fees?

Edited by RelliK111

Can we use paypal and gift the money to you? That way you don't haft to pay any paypal fees?

I don't think that is a good idea. I had problems with Paypal last year, while receiving payments as gift. They really keep an eye on those things.

I say don't chance the Paypal gift thing. They are very alert and if they see 90 or so gifts in a few days, or maybe even weeks, they will investigate. Anyhow, how much could the paypal fees add? A couple of dollars tops?

Looking forward to this club getting started. I feel like a kid again. :) Well, I always did, but now even more as a fun part of my childhood is coming back. Colecovision, new games, and of course the old classics. Woohoo! :)

Thanks to everyone who is making this happen for us dedicated CV and retro gaming fans. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I say don't chance the Paypal gift thing. They are very alert and if they see 90 or so gifts in a few days, or maybe even weeks, they will investigate. Anyhow, how much could the paypal fees add? A couple of dollars tops?

Looking forward to this club getting started. I feel like a kid again. :) Well, I always did, but now even more as a fun part of my childhood is coming back. Colecovision, new games, and of course the old classics. Woohoo! :)

Thanks to everyone who is making this happen for us dedicated CV and retro gaming fans. :thumbsup:

I agree its no reason to get in trouble ;) :thumbsup:

We are on a super tight budget, the club has already costed me $800 with not a single component printed so far. That is money I probably am not going to see again. So each cent counts. I will offer a Paypal option, but with the fees added to the subscription price. Or you can send me a check or MO at a slightly lower price.

We are on a super tight budget, the club has already costed me $800 with not a single component printed so far. That is money I probably am not going to see again. So each cent counts. I will offer a Paypal option, but with the fees added to the subscription price. Or you can send me a check or MO at a slightly lower price.

Sounds good I'll do the paypal way because I hate mailing payments. ;)

I don't think the "Gift thing" is a problem...... now

i mean, in the past when you used the Gift Option, no party had to pay fees ... Now Paypal charge the fees to one party or another

Wich mean, you're now force to pay fees, the sender or the receiver of the money, you choose actually

I believe retroillucid is right. I sold two batches of boxes for GhostBlaster and had everyone pay me as a gift. I must have received around 40 separate payments as gifts and heard no complaints from PayPal.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried Dwolla? I got an e-mail from GameGavel promoting the trial of Dwolla. Without going into detail, it's way less secure than Rape-pal, but it's only $0.25 U.S. per transaction. Anything under $10 is FREE. Thinking about giving it a chance.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried Dwolla? I got an e-mail from GameGavel promoting the trial of Dwolla. Without going into detail, it's way less secure than Rape-pal, but it's only $0.25 U.S. per transaction. Anything under $10 is FREE. Thinking about giving it a chance.

Only thing with that is I really don't like my info in all these other web sites giving a greater chance at getting information stolen from sub par programmers that don't protect my data correctly.

Stupid Yahoo, who the hell still codes with statements where you can use sql injection. Morons. So as you can see even big sites are not safe from poor programmers. Thats the main reason I don't even want to do high scores in the other site that is advertised here because I just don't want my info in another place. I am fine with high scores here where I already decided to give my info.

That's my 2 cents. I would rather pay higher fee than put my info in another site.

• Like 1

Only thing with that is I really don't like my info in all these other web sites giving a greater chance at getting information stolen from sub par programmers that don't protect my data correctly.

Stupid Yahoo, who the hell still codes with statements where you can use sql injection. Morons. So as you can see even big sites are not safe from poor programmers. Thats the main reason I don't even want to do high scores in the other site that is advertised here because I just don't want my info in another place. I am fine with high scores here where I already decided to give my info.

That's my 2 cents. I would rather pay higher fee than put my info in another site.

I agree ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

So are we still on schedule to start the Club later this month? I'm ready to send or PayPal my payment in whenever you give the word.

• Like 1