IGNORED

Replacement Jag Controller Buttons

Judas-Prime

Update!

I got around to trying my back cart half mold today....I decided to go with red dye and found a perfect way to make neon Pink. Its seriously bright but awesome looking anyway after figuring that out it was time to make some pro controller buttons too.....

Jag Cart In PInk

THe back mold didn't turn out perfectly...but it was a first attempt so...progress!

post-32638-0-13285600-1339398422_thumb.jpg post-32638-0-81845500-1339398426_thumb.jpg

Random cart attempts....

post-32638-0-98175500-1339398431_thumb.jpg

Pink Pro-Controller Buttons

kI really like the way this looks. It almost kinda looks like Bret the Hitman Heart colors.....note to self--need to make black pro-controller shells.

post-32638-0-03710800-1339398442_thumb.jpg post-32638-0-57356700-1339398449_thumb.jpg

Just a quick update.....Next update will be about new buttons for the pro-controller that have the letters embedded into the buttons, like old sega six button controllers. My experiment with molding paid off and Ill be abe to make a test "B" button tomorrow.

Till next time....

• Like 4

Update

My experiment in making lettered buttons has paid off. This is a first attempt at this so its not perfect...but this has given me enough confidence that I will be making a whole set with all lettered buttons for both the Pro-Controller and Standard controller. These pics aren't the greatest pics ever but you can see the Lettered button clearly. The angle of the letter B is also a bit off...this was just to see if I could make them....for the next batch I will ensure that I achieve the proper angle of the letters...If they aren't all teh proper angle it will look like crap so its important.

Anyway check it out!

post-32638-0-95547900-1339562074_thumb.jpg post-32638-0-65979100-1339562083_thumb.jpg

post-32638-0-39694300-1339562090_thumb.jpg post-32638-0-15913200-1339562097_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I am very close to offering button replacements for both the Pro and Standard controllers. Still working out the kinks of the carts and controller shells...but I think within the next week or so Ill be able to offer parts for sale and provide a list of goods to choose from.

Progress!

• Like 6

Update:

Hi gang...its been a long week with few updates. Sorry for being MIA but I have a full time job now so, obviously that is going to chew up some of my free time. Anyway enough excuses..... I have had little time this week to make progress on the items I wanted to get done...I did however make a first pass at real plastic buttons for the pause and Option buttons....the first pass looks good, but perform badly. So Ill just chalk that up to a learning experience and push forward. I had a solution that Im pretty sure will work.

Lettered Buttons: Im still in the process of making the lettered buttons, this is one of those things where cutting corners will screw the whole thing up. So, I know I can do it, just finding the time to do it properly. They are coming, just taking me longer than I wanted.

Im pouring new moulds for standard buttons today as my old moulds were substandard and falling apart (poor quality silicone). The new moulds are much stronger and should last a long time.

So thats it...not a sexy update and no pics of anything (sorry gang) but its an update..

Edited by Judas-Prime
  • Like 4

Awesome, thanks so much for the lead on these files. Ill dig around in there and see if these are what I need. One step closer.

Maybe you should contact Matthias, I think I remember reading something about him working on schematics for the pro controllers, it's possible he has some other files that could be of help to you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Sorry for being MIA.....My project is wrapping up and as such it requires allot of time. I am also working on pre-production on my next game so my free time is in short supply these days. I have some time this weekend set aside for projects so I will hopefully have a significant update to give.

One update I can give is bag news...the lettered button attempt #2 was a failure so Ill be giving that another go this weekend. Other than that I have another idea in the planning stages, but again free time is in very short supply these days.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all! (I reposted this from the Homebrew thread)

Im new here but have been a Jag fan forever. I wanted to replace my Jaguar buttons from red to Orange. I prefer the classic Atari color scheme so...there ya have it. WHile i was making the orange I decided to play around and see what other color combinations i could come up with.

The buttons and D-pads are made from 2 piece silicone molds and filled with liquid plastic resin.

My silicon moulds made from original Jag Controller parts

Judas-Prime

I know I'm late to the party here, but damn, that is REALLY REALLY cool. Are you selling them? I'd love to have a set of the ones that match the old orange Atari color!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow never knew this thread existed, good job they can be bumped into the present.

today I started looking at my white jag case and installed the power switch and LED shaft. Next step cut off the incorrectly positioned posts etc. then it's NTSC/PAL switch and maybe then a blue power LED. I understand on spare time being in short supply, these things happen slowly, as we know, and hopefully happen surely. So I'd like to offer my full support for this project and am personally interested in purchasing 2 white control pads with blue buttons to go with my white jag.

All the best and fingers crossed the talented man in question is able to see it all through to his and our satisfaction.

• 3 weeks later...