IGNORED

What Genesis game are you playing right now?

MagitekAngel

Girlfriend got an AtGames for Christmas and I finally tried it out the other day.

...anyone who says the sound is "okay" is completely tone deaf >_< Some of the less musical games I guess sound okay, but Comix Zone sounds wretched. I think I would have preferred if it sounded like Sega Smash Pack.

On the bright side, I had never even heard of Crack Down before. That game is pretty cool.

I've been on something of a vertical shmup kick, it's been a lot of fun working through what's on offer in the Genesis library in search of some new favourites. Fire Shark is pretty badass, I've really warmed up to Truxton, and I find I keep coming back to Raiden Trad despite having better versions of it on hand.

• Like 1

There's a couple really good ones for the Sega CD, too B)

Man, I'd love to get into the Sega CD shmups, but I've been saving that for the day I luck out and stumble upon a console in the wild.

I've been playing some Sagaia lately, which should be of interest to those of you talking about shooters in this thread. Really cool game. It's just Darius II, so if you like shooting fish when they aren't in a barrel, check it out.

Yeah, great pick with Sagaia, that's quite a nice one. Among the best of the horizontal shmups on the Genesis, I'd say.

I've been on something of a vertical shmup kick, it's been a lot of fun working through what's on offer in the Genesis library in search of some new favourites. Fire Shark is pretty badass, I've really warmed up to Truxton, and I find I keep coming back to Raiden Trad despite having better versions of it on hand.

Fire Shark was one of my childhood favorites (if seventeen counts as childhood!). It's a fairly generic but rock-solid shooter that strikes a middle ground between 1943 and the previously mentioned Raiden.

BTW, Raiden was a decent enough game; miles ahead of the Super NES version for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bio Hazard Battle ,Battle Squadron ,Streets Of Rage 3 , Pink Goes To Hollywood

Pink Goes To Hollywood is annoying, one of those platformers were you need to jump of the edge of a platform but he slips off and falls just as you press jump..AAAArrrg!.

Edited by R.O.T.S

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I got into some serious Ranger X action, hard but fun and I will likely stick with it and try and get through it. I also tried some Jewel Master, which was a also enjoyable but tough. Ranger X will probably stay in the system for a while, Jewel Master will need some convincing to return :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could not stop playing Road Rash II last night... so challenging; definitely has that "one more time" factor... Great music, great gameplay. Seemed a little choppy at first but the more I played it the more fluid it seemed. Waiting on the first installment off ebay right now..as well as Outrun, Streets of Rage, Gauntlet IV, NHL Hockey 94' and Sonic 1. Currently also playing Sonic 2, and Robotnicks mean bean machine

Could not stop playing Road Rash II last night... so challenging; definitely has that "one more time" factor... Great music, great gameplay. Seemed a little choppy at first but the more I played it the more fluid it seemed. Waiting on the first installment off ebay right now..as well as Outrun, Streets of Rage, Gauntlet IV, NHL Hockey 94' and Sonic 1. Currently also playing Sonic 2, and Robotnicks mean bean machine

I love Road Rash 2! I'm playing Comix Zone on my Retrogen right now. Sonic 3 is coming next.