Sign in to follow this  
DemonoidTentacle

Diablo 3 beta weekend

Anyone given Diablo 3 beta a crack this weekend? I'm still downloading as I foolishly stopped my install at 'playable' and went and did something else. Turns out you've got to wait for 100% with this thing.

Anyone know off-hand if this is still an "online-tether" type game? If so, I'll pass completely.

Yes you need to log in to your Battle.net account to use.

I played D3 this weekend and found it to be a great game so far.

I played with my brother for an hour or so last night. Its really really REALLY fun, I wasn't sold on it completely even as much as I liked Diablo II but after trying it I must say I'm buying it.

I dug it. I never played Diablo II, but greally got into the original. The only problem that I had was that I found talking in multiplayer to be quite clumsy, unless I just couldn't find the audio option.

I liked it - it reminded me of DII but that's not a problem. The Witch Doctor was fun. I've got the collector's edition pre-ordered and am really looking forward to playing the full game.

Warning: Thread Jack!

After my friends telling me to look at Torchlight and the sequel is due out a little after the Diablo 3 launch at one third of the price ($20 currently can get you TL 1&2 via Steam). While it's a bit cartoony, I'm digging TLight 1. At the $30 or less mark, I'll consider Diablo 3. Until then, Blizzard can take a walk. <Pbbbbblllttt....>

Hex.

[ Recently tried his hand at Guild Wars 2 ... Oh look. Another game genre I'm abysmal at. <sigh> ]

• Like 1