IGNORED

Chips Challenge 2

Duranik

Well not exactly for the Lynx, but there is a project from Chuck Summerville on Kickstarter

http://www.kickstart...3d?ref=category

Its called Chucks Challenge because they wanted some ridiculous amount of money for the name

Chips Challenge.

There is also a a couple of videos, maybe someone is interested to help them back this project.

At the moment it doesn´t seem to make it which is a shame because it has a really low goal

of only $12.500.

• Like 1

The puzzles seem much simpler than the original... and the mechanics a little less clear in play.

But maybe I am a little biased.

For 12.5k I would port POP for the Lynx ;-)

Not a bad deal for you, especially that the Apple ][ source is available now :D

Edited by TailChao

The puzzles seem much simpler than the original... and the mechanics a little less clear in play.

But maybe I am a little biased.

I have played the Iphone version a lot and the puzzles are smaller however they do get pretty tough later on. I htink they made the levels small due to screen size of the iphone.

What makes this game really cool is the ability to create your own levels and share them with other users, there is a search feature within the game. Some of the users levels are very hard.

Really looking forward to the Unity version, as creating levels on a PC with a mouse will be much easier and of course the larger screen.

The kick starter has only got 3 days left and it needs about $1700 still, please support if ya a fan of chips.

I just have to ask: why 3D graphics when 2D sprites would do the job. Is there game play that requires 3D design? I didn't see any in the video. I guess I'm just not a fan of 3D graphics for the sake of 3D graphics. On a positive note, it's good to see Chip's Challenge get some attention. I love the Lynx game.