IGNORED

2600 Vs Vic 20

PFL

Both a huge Vic 20 fan as well as the 2600. Both had non technical similarities. Both systems were fairly underpowered vs other competitors in their own distinct fields. Both systems offered fast arcade action, as well as some of the same games. Early in my retrogaming collecting, I enjoyed collecting for the Vic 20. It was often overlooked, as well as having some real gems on the system. While it did not have the huge library the 2600 did, I feel that the Vic 20 had enough unique titles to be stand on its own. Some limitations of the Vic 20 system(single controller port, odd placement for game cart port), can easily be overlooked with having the ability to hook up to a TV with a nice clean signal.

Turmoil for an example on the vic 20

Turmoil on the Atari 2600

Seeing the post above from swlovinst, I would like to see people post actual differences and compare games to each other from Atari and Vic. I would say that is a fair way to compare both of these great systems.

I liked seeing Turmoil side by side.

I would imagine Vic would have an advantage over 2600 in many games, but I would be interested to see how it would fare.

I loved both systems very much and I tend to enjoy my Vic more than the 2600 but that is just my taste.

• 1 year later...

I think the main reason to prefer the 2600 is that it probably enjoyed more attention from skilled developers over a longer period of time thus getting more out of it..

The Vic-20 undoubtedly has more potential though as can be seen from modern day titles such as this...

And this is NOT accelerated in any way, just before comparisons ensue with Harmony based games.