IGNORED

Another collection saved (almost!)

mimo

An old work colleague just came by my house this evening, he is transport manager for a local large scrap/recycling company.

He was walking through the yard this morning and spotted an 800xl about to be crushed, he ran over and stopped the driver of the bulldozer and managed to save it.

He also rescued a 1050, two 1027 Printers, and half a dozen Page 6 magazines.

Unfortunately he was too late to save the box loads of software, and the other 200 odd mags he reccons, god knows what else got wasted today.

So far I have tested the 800xl, and it works fine so far, it looks like crap as it is yellowed and dusty, and that was before it got doused in mud.

I'll try and post some pictures of what he has given me later.

Can't help thinking about the poor software though :_(

Well the 800XL has a fantastic picture quality, it's currently running Numen :)!! (I cheated, plugged in my RAM 320XL, too much to hope for an upgraded xl for free!)

The 1027's are toast though, as expected the print heads have fallen apart :(

Anyone want a 1027 case?

Fingers crossed for the 1050

Edited by mimo

The 1050 works too :) one of the quietest drives I have had.

Everything is now stripped down and the plastics in the dishwasher. I was hoping fora Happy or Archiver upgrade, but no such luck :(

@Orph,Issues 22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30

. . .He was walking through the yard this morning and spotted an 800xl about to be crushed, he ran over and stopped the driver of the bulldozer and managed to save it.. . .

Unfortunately he was too late to save the box loads of software, and the other 200 odd mags he reccons, . . .

Can't help thinking about the poor software though :_(

I also wanted to cry when I read this. Because it sounds like my wife's idea of cleaning the house. Pray I don't leave an Indy 500 driving controller, or a touch tablet, or an unlabelled cartridge, or the SIO2PC-USB interface out in plain sight. Its highly likely any of it would end up in the trash just because she couldn't recognize what it does.

The 1050 works too :) one of the quietest drives I have had.

Everything is now stripped down and the plastics in the dishwasher. I was hoping fora Happy or Archiver upgrade, but no such luck :(

@Orph,Issues 22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30

heh, I need the issues right before those.