IGNORED

8bit Pac-man "Arcade" - Final Version - Accepting Orders

tep392

1 hour ago, tep392 said:

I have 4 carts available for sale. PM me if you want one.

- $40 shipped in US. International shipping is extra.

- 48k min RAM required

- High score saving on cartridge

- Type "PAC" at menu for bonus game

If it's not too late, I'd love to take Pac-Man.

1 hour ago, tep392 said:

I have 4 carts available for sale. PM me if you want one.

- $40 shipped in US. International shipping is extra.

- 48k min RAM required

- High score saving on cartridge

- Type "PAC" at menu for bonus game

IMG_0932.thumb.jpeg.82bc92712835c33cb822f50d52237680.jpeg

Well those sold quickly!  I'm going to go ahead with another batch, so PM me if you are interested.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

So the bonus game isn't in the 5200 version?  And what is the bonus game, pray tell?

It's a game that most people will already have in their collection. I had free 8k banks available in the cart and thought it would be fun to include the original 8k 400/800 version of Pac-man.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello @achtbits

Maybe more people in Germany are interested.  That way you can share the cost of shipping (and the fun of owning one of tep392's PacMan carts).

Sincerely

Mathy  (who already owns one of those carts)

The danger in that is having to pay import duties and tax...... better send without any bills.... ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeffsFort said:

Have you ever considered taking pre-orders? I mean i have the ROM on a Harmony Cart but, I want to support the work that went in and, these carts are just way too cool to not want one or ten... ?

This game is old enough that I only sell a handful at a time, so I don't worry about collecting money up front.  I just make more when people express interest in buying it.  I'm working on another batch now. Just waiting for the carts to arrive. 

On 10/28/2021 at 10:50 AM, gilsaluki said:

...Except that my High Score keeping getting wiped out (giberish) for some odd reason.  

You need to type RESET when the game selection menu is displayed, to reset high score to zero's so a new high score can be recorded.  It should work ok after this. Let me know if it doesn't.   I heard of this issue from a couple people when I first started selling these, but we couldn't figure out how to recreate the problem.  The only way I could make it happen was to shut off the game or reset too quickly after the game ends.  It needs a few seconds to save the score.  I added a message to the display to indicate when the score is being saved, so hopefully people will wait a bit before interrupting it.

3 hours ago, tep392 said:

You need to type RESET when the game selection menu is displayed, to reset high score to zero's so a new high score can be recorded.  It should work ok after this. Let me know if it doesn't.   I heard of this issue from from a couple people when I first started selling these, but we couldn't figure out how to recreate the problem.  The only way I could make it happen was to shut off the game or reset too quickly after the game ends.  It needs a few seconds to save the score.  I added a message to the display to indicate when the score is being saved, so hopefully people will wait a bit before interrupting it.

Yes, I know the RESET method.  That works.  Just couldn't figure out why the high score was getting scrambled in the first place.  I will heed your advice and wait a few seconds before power down.  Hopefully that will solve this nuisance.  But no worries, it is still may go-to favorite cart.  Thanks again for doing it.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:18 AM, tep392 said:

It's a game that most people will already have in their collection. I had free 8k banks available in the cart and thought it would be fun to include the original 8k 400/800 version of Pac-man.

There's a 10k version of Pac-Man that Atari made. Has a title screen, not sure what else was added. Intermission screens maybe.