IGNORED

Adventure for ColecoVision

Yurkie

I was talking to a friend awhile back about this. I think an exact port of the legendary 2600 game on the ColecoVision would be sweet! What made me start thinking abiout it is the Kaboom that a guy made for the NES. I don't think any updates need to be made with Adventure, there is charm in the simplicity.

aww man, adventure is my all time favorite game. and that mock screen shot or whatever i seen looks great. anyone wanna take this on? :grin: russ perhaps :grin:

What's happening with Russ anyhow? He seems to have dropped off the edge of cyberspace...

We're working on a Ninja game ;)

So he finished his music tracker program?

Team Pixelboy's

Quest for the Golden Chalice ;)

LOL, I didn't know this was 'for real' ! I looked it up, nice screen shots. and the name rings a bell. :D

I recall asking you if I could use the name, after you chose to use "Adventure II" for your Atari 5200 version of the sequel. You told me it was okay. At least I'm pretty sure it was you, I asked someone close to the project, anyway... :)

I think an exact port of the legendary 2600 game on the ColecoVision would be sweet!

I'll pass. If I'm getting the same game it's cost effective to just play the exist 2600 cart.

I would pay for an Arcade Quality version of Adventure that had the standard skill levels 1-4 with the hardest skill level having a crap load of dragons.

Maybe someone could hack Tutankham and throw in treasures, dragons, ogres, trolls and what not and go face-to-face with the ShatDragon.

Edited by rmaerz
  • Like 1

Team Pixelboy's

Quest for the Golden Chalice ;)

LOL, I didn't know this was 'for real' ! I looked it up, nice screen shots. and the name rings a bell. :D

I recall asking you if I could use the name, after you chose to use "Adventure II" for your Atari 5200 version of the sequel. You told me it was okay. At least I'm pretty sure it was you, I asked someone close to the project, anyway... :)

I don't claim to remember anything 5 years ago or older. :D I guess I just forgot all about it, I don't really follow CV developments too closely so this thread took me by completely by (a pleasant) surprise.

Not sure if I should mention it here, but I was going to help Luc with QftGC. We put the project on hold last year though. But if he is still interested, so am I. :)

That's a very nice offer, Eduardo. But you do have a full plate of games to port between now and the end of the year, in addition to pushing the SGM out the door. ;)

Still waiting for that Champion Ice Hockey alteration, BTW. Do you think you'll be able to work on that while you're in Brazil? I'm just mentioning it because I'd like the game to pass the beta-testing phase ASAP, so that I can send the final ROM to 5-11under and have him prepare the electronics for 75 copies. The more games I can prepare early, the more likely I'll be able to meet my Christmas Day release deadline without going crazy at the last minute.

Which reminds me, I need to bug Stephen Seehorn about Module Man... I'll do that tonight. :P

aww man, adventure is my all time favorite game. and that mock screen shot or whatever i seen looks great. anyone wanna take this on? :grin: russ perhaps :grin:

What's happening with Russ anyhow? He seems to have dropped off the edge of cyberspace...

I'm still alive :) Sorry for the lack of updates lately. CV Tracker is slowly getting there. and i'm working on a graphics remapping for monster bash to keep the game under 32k. Not to mention working on the ninja game with Retro! I also may have another mini coleco project i'm working on for the 30th birthday.