IGNORED

Full Throttle - PC Game Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwmLwiw0Enc

Full Throttle by LucasArts is a classic heavy metal adventure game designed by Tim Schafer, who also made Grim Fandango, Psychonauts and Brütal Legend. This game has biker gangs, babes and a bad attitude!

This game should be next on the Kickstarter list of games to bring back to life. Or at the very least on the iPad in HD!

Love this game. I bought it for the Mac around 1999 and was immediately drawn in by the excellent hand-drawn animation, art direction, and voice acting (Mark Hamill as Rip Burger!). It's one of my top LucasArts adventure games along with 'Day of the Tentacle' and 'Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis'. 'Sam and Max' was okay but if you want to talk about obtuse puzzles. Yikes!

Point and click adventure games would be perfectly suited to the iPad and other tablets. I cannot believe this hasn't happened yet. And none of that pre-rendered 3D model crap. It's gotta be hand-drawn or nothing. I tried getting into the Monkey Island game for PS2 and just couldn't do it. The 3D-modelled characters just didn't do it for me.

Nicely produced video, by the way! You may want to put a spoiler warning in there for those who haven't played.

Edited by Emehr

nice review. Love that game. Sure love to see a revival of lucas arts point and click adventures, or touch and tap adventures for a tablet.

I recently got this game from a friend, so i'm going to replay the game.

I recently played the classic adventure game : Broken Sword on the iPad and it was excellent! It was also announced that The Last Express is coming soon to iOS, which many people consider to be the best adventure game ever made. However, as an ex-Sierra employee...I might have to disagree **coughSpaceQuestcough** Good times!

I don't really remember the story of Space Quest, but I remember thinking it was awesome. I remember playing that game using a stack of 3.5" floppies formatted for 720k on my Tandy 1000 SX. Wait, not sure how I remember this, but doesn't the game start with your character pushing a broom on a space station?

What about Police Quest? Heh, just kidding, I thought that one blew...

I don't really remember the story of Space Quest, but I remember thinking it was awesome. I remember playing that game using a stack of 3.5" floppies formatted for 720k on my Tandy 1000 SX. Wait, not sure how I remember this, but doesn't the game start with your character pushing a broom on a space station?

Yep. You play Space Quest as a janitor named Roger Wilco...who is kind of a clueless doof. The games are hilarious spoofs on popular sci-fi pop culture. Great stuff!

Edited by Metal Jesus