Heaven/TQA

Rick Dangerous

While I can't understand any of it, I got from the comments on atarionline that they are trying to get it onto a cassette.

From what I understood, they want this game run on 64k machine. It will load from cartridge, disk or cassette. The sound visuals are done. Currently they are working on artificial intelligence of enemies. Later in the video, they compare it to the other 8 bit versions.

The release date is still unknown. They have many projects going simultaneously (demos etc) and game development can take a month or two months brakes.

• Like 3

Thanks! It was good seeing the guys doing the work but the Polish is pretty indecipherable to me.

For some reason (probably old age) I'm having real difficulty picking up Polish and Czech organically like I did with French and German, I can't speak or write it but I am able to get the gist if I read or hear it, no such luck with Polish and Czech, I hope it happens with time.

Thanks! It was good seeing the guys doing the work but the Polish is pretty indecipherable to me.

For some reason (probably old age) I'm having real difficulty picking up Polish and Czech organically like I did with French and German, I can't speak or write it but I am able to get the gist if I read or hear it, no such luck with Polish and Czech, I hope it happens with time.

That's sort of like me. I took a couple semesters of German and Spanish in high-school and college years ago, never really used it, but I get the gist of them both if I read them, can get the gist of Spanish if I hear it, after a lifetime on-and-off around Spanish speakers, but I can barely speak or write either. But also, Spanish and German are closer to English than Polish and Czech. Polish and Czech words can sometimes seem as alien to me as Oriental calligraphy.

Yes, considering European languages only, I was told Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Icelandic, Basque and Finnish are the most difficult languages to learn if you come from an Anglo-Saxon, Romanic or Germanic language.

• Like 1

It was already a time for 16bits... Rick came out in '89 and Rick 2 and impossamole in '90... Those were the last games made by Core design for 8bits...

Only other game worked on was C64 port of Chuck Rock and even that one was not published and only came out recently on Games that weren't website...

Technically there was no reason Rick wouldn't fit in Atari 8bit. Only thing I can think of is that it wasn't popular in UK and they didn't have a coder available at that time.

Also I don't see 64k as some hard limit... There are only a couple different sprites on screen at once and all possible shifted frames for soft sprites can be generated on the fly when screen transitions happen. Yes it's more complex than having everything unrolled in memory at once, but considering how much work is already done it should be possible.

Great work coders!!!

Looking at the video review of C64 Chuck Rock:

https://youtu.be/dRyNtHwCiQo

A lot of work went into the graphics and sound, but the fantastic efforts were no doubt wasted somewhat.

If it's as frustrating as it sounds to actually play, i wonder how many C64 owners actually stuck with it for long?

Yes, considering European languages only, I was told Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Icelandic, Basque and Finnish are the most difficult languages to learn if you come from an Anglo-Saxon, Romanic or Germanic language.

Never had issues with Hungarian language and Slavian languages but polish seems to be little different ;)

I was told that Assembler is hard to learn, too. :D

Karolj

Edited by Heaven/TQA
  • Like 1

That's sort of like me. I took a couple semesters of German and Spanish in high-school and college years ago, never really used it, but I get the gist of them both if I read them, can get the gist of Spanish if I hear it, after a lifetime on-and-off around Spanish speakers, but I can barely speak or write either. But also, Spanish and German are closer to English than Polish and Czech. Polish and Czech words can sometimes seem as alien to me as Oriental calligraphy.

Fortunatelly we Slovans are not aliens, our roots reach from the time when people begin to settle European land. Slovans (ex-Yugoslavian countries, Czech, Polish, Slovaks, Bolgarians, Romunians) are Indians of Europe. I am really proud I am Slovenian, our language was not perished, thanks God.

• Like 3

I heard that RD crew had another side-project lately. No, the project isn't dead just waits for better times. :)

• Like 1