IGNORED

F*** the 64..

andym00

Yep, it had sound (a buzz), yep it had colour (that's why most games were monochrome), and the Spectrum missed the point of being a useful computer.

There are over 12,500 games, how many did you sample to decide that "most games" were monochrome? And "useful" is another subjective term, if it does what the owner wants then it's a useful machine and there's enough satisfied Spectrum owners out there who'd say it was useful to them.

As I mentioned numerous times here, I had (have) a C128, an A8, my neighbour had a C64, my other poor neighbour had a Spectrum. My C64 buddy and me we visited the Speccy owner guy to play some 'good' games. After 1/2 hour of laughing our socks off, we went back playing CLASSIC games on C64 and/or A8. Our Speccy owner friend came along actually, leaving his SX to bite the dust.

And again, that's at odds with a significant number of Spectrum owners' experiences and indeed those of others who were exposed to it; i had a VIC 20, Atari 800XL and a C64 and a friend had a 48K Spectrum, we'd spend hours playing and enjoying games on all four machines, then try to make our own games as well.

Oh....Another C64 thread in the A8 forum.....Perhaps this thread should be moved to the classic computing forum (somewhat more specific to non Atari computers, like the c64)

Or is the classic computing forum somewhat likened to the P&R forum (i.e the death bed of all threads)

I have yet to see anyone 'f**k' the c64 though, you'd probably need to be grounded to prevent you from making the c64 into a brick (i.e dead) or to prevent you from getting an electric shock

Dunno, I recall a picture of a mentaller getting intimate with an exhaust pipe on a Range Rover many years back.. If anyone's going to do it with a 64, I reckon it'll be him ;)

The internet is a sad place, and even worse, I know the picture you are talking about :( I need "brain bleach".

Dunno, I recall a picture of a mentaller getting intimate with an exhaust pipe on a Range Rover many years back.. If anyone's going to do it with a 64, I reckon it'll be him ;)

The internet is a sad place, and even worse, I know the picture you are talking about :( I need "brain bleach".

Sadly, I don't have any photo-editing software with me, otherwise I'd have posted stockinged geezer with his joystick plugged into port-2 by now ;)

• 2 months later...

or failing that have invented a way to have intercourse with a computer....now that i'd like to see

Blimey, and people call me a pervert... Carmel wants to watch people copulating with computers!!

or failing that have invented a way to have intercourse with a computer....now that i'd like to see

Blimey, and people call me a pervert... Carmel wants to watch people copulating with computers!!

post-15222-0-01275300-1345313958_thumb.jpg

(Yes, I know I could do better, but I'm lazy)

Edited by NuY

For more reasons to fuck the C64, visit my new blog commodore64crap.wordpress.com

2 seconds into it and you couldn't even get the name right, CBM was not the registered name.

30 seconds into reading it I noticed a 2nd massive error, Simon's Basic worked fine without a disk drive or even tape deck.

Also you need to know why the 64/VIC had that V2 Basic (research your facts if you want to flame) and remember that in 1982 we all typed in games listings full of Peek/Poke/Data statements not drawing spyrograph circles with plot commands like poofs in plastic sandals :lol: The hardware = better games listings to type in = only thing 99% of us cared about.

And finally Acorn computer's Basic pissed all over ALL Microsoft Basics even before 1982. If you need help just ask an expert or something :)

• Like 2

For more reasons to fuck the C64, visit my new blog commodore64crap.wordpress.com

2 seconds into it and you couldn't even get the name right, CBM was not the registered name.

30 seconds into reading it I noticed a 2nd massive error, Simon's Basic worked fine without a disk drive or even tape deck.

Also you need to know why the 64/VIC had that V2 Basic (research your facts if you want to flame) and remember that in 1982 we all typed in games listings full of Peek/Poke/Data statements not drawing spyrograph circles with plot commands like poofs in plastic sandals :lol: The hardware = better games listings to type in = only thing 99% of us cared about.

And finally Acorn computer's Basic pissed all over ALL Microsoft Basics even before 1982. If you need help just ask an expert or something :)

I doubt an expert would be willing to listen long enough to give any help.. :sleep: