IGNORED

2600 heavy sixer need help with cable

oldgamesrule

Wow after all the years I have had this unit I now need a replacement part. The rf cable is shot problem what type to use it is long but not sure how long. I looked at mono price for a ideal but no clue what I need.

For fun called the phone # on the bottom of the unit for help but darn it is out of order, lol

Luckily, this is an easy fix. If you open the unit up, you'll find that the other end of the cable is actually unpluggable from the RF transmitter box that's inside. All it needs is a regular single RCA audio cable, which you can find cheap at Radio Shack or Walmart somewhere. No soldering or splicing wires needed, just plug one end into the box inside the unit, and feed the wire through the hole in the back. ^^

I'd get one that's no shorter than 6 feet or so.

Also, in the case of Heavy Sixers, the opening for the RF cable has a rubber piece that is tricky to remove and re-insert. I also have a heavy sixer that for whatever reason didn't have an RF cable, and I will never forget the struggle I had getting that rubber piece in and out of the hole. So make sure you choose a long enough wire, because it will be a bitch to replace if you find that the one you bought isn't long enough. xP

Edited by Lodmot

Luckily, this is an easy fix. If you open the unit up, you'll find that the other end of the cable is actually unpluggable from the RF transmitter box that's inside. All it needs is a regular single RCA audio cable, which you can find cheap at Radio Shack or Walmart somewhere. No soldering or splicing wires needed, just plug one end into the box inside the unit, and feed the wire through the hole in the back. ^^

I'd get one that's no shorter than 6 feet or so.

Also, in the case of Heavy Sixers, the opening for the RF cable has a rubber piece that is tricky to remove and re-insert. I also have a heavy sixer that for whatever reason didn't have an RF cable, and I will never forget the struggle I had getting that rubber piece in and out of the hole. So make sure you choose a long enough wire, because it will be a bitch to replace if you find that the one you bought isn't long enough. xP

The post on the end inside the unit of most, if not all is shorter. You can cut it down, but the post still needs to make contact with the wire shrouded in thick clear plastic. A little dab of solder might work, but i personaly have never tried it. Just an idea.

Edited by Syntaxerror999

Thanks for the info will order a cable.

If you want to order a black one and keep it looking original, I wouldn't blame you, but you probably already have one of these cables laying around in your house. The red, yellow, and white cable that you use to hook up something like a DVD player is the same kind of cable that you need. Just peel any one of the three away from the other two (it doesn't matter what color) and use it.