IGNORED

Can't Change Theme

I was playing with the theme settings this morning. When I selected the IP.Board setting, it's not allowing me to change it to a different theme. I click on the "Change Theme" button, but all it does is refresh the page. No Theme choices come up to select from.

Help!

Yeah, that doesn't pop up for me. I'm using WinXP and IE8! When I used the other themes, that popup would pop up, but not with the IP.Board Theme. All that happens is the page seems to refresh and bring me to the top of the page.

Yeah, the IP.Board theme is the stock theme, I have access to it for debugging purposes.

The Mobile skin SHOULD let you switch back now, I fixed a problem with that yesterday. You may need to clear your browser cache, though.

..Al

I take that back...after I logged in, it went right back to IP.Board Mobile and clicking "Change Theme" just brings me up to the top of the page. Options don't come back up. I thought it was fixed, but that was before I realized I wasn't logged in yet. :( Sorry about that.

I take that back...after I logged in, it went right back to IP.Board Mobile and clicking "Change Theme" just brings me up to the top of the page. Options don't come back up. I thought it was fixed, but that was before I realized I wasn't logged in yet. :( Sorry about that.

I'll have to try this out on IE8 (and I just so happen to have an XP VM here I can test it with).

..Al

It's version 8.0.6001.18702 to be exact. :)

Just looked at the Mobile skin on IE8. Doesn't look very good, that's for sure (looks much nicer on the iPhone). It looks like they are doing some user-agent sniffing, as the bottom fo the page is different on iOS (instead of "Change Theme" there's a "Full Version" link), and the "Change Theme" link simply doesn't go anywhere (just goes to an empty anchor on the same page). Is there some reason you're using the Mobile skin with IE8?

..Al

I managed to fix it by signing out of AA, signing in through my iPhone and changing to full version. Then, when I signed into iE8 again, it was back to the Atariage skin, so I'm good to go now.

I accidentally selected it when I was playing around. It was nothing more than a mistake on my part. I'll know not to click on it again in the future. :)

Thanks for all your help, Albert! You rock! :)

Glad you got it working, but it's not something you should really have so many problems with. Invision should fix this. Yeah, the forum does remember your skin setting when you move between devices and that can bite you, as you discovered. :)

Enjoy!

..Al

I am stuck in the Mobile skin on my pc!

I've never viewed the site through the mobile skin - so I don't know why it has suddenly chenged to it.

I have however been checking AA all day on my mobile phone - but not with the mobile skin.

I've tried cleaning cache/cookies/history/saved data etc... and when I came back to the forums it was fine - but as soon as I logged in it has reverted me back to the mobile skin!

When I click the 'change theme' button at the bottom of the screen - it just jumps back to the top of the screen...

Ah well, I'm stuck in mobile mode now after trying to change themes, and stupidly going to mobile mode to see what it looked like now :(

I've logged out on my phone, and also on the PC.. Then logged back in on phone tried to change the theme, no luck.. Logged out there.. Logged in on PC, try to change theme but the change theme button now links to nothing more than this url: http://www.atariage.com/forums/#

So now can't get out of mobile mode.. Sigh...

Cleared caches, logged out of everything I can think of..

Has anyone got a direct link to whatever it is to change themes ?

Edit: And now just logged in via IE8 (which I've never used before on this machine) to try and change themes, but the change themes button still leads nowhere..

Try logging out here, and clearing the cache again.

Then log in on your phone, and change the theme to 'deflection' (doesn't matter if it works or not on your mobile) then log out on your phone.

Log back in here and see if it has changed.

(i think that is exactly what i did)

Edited by nofrills100

Ah! That worked.. I was trying to change themes in the iPhone IP.Board app on the phone, not in Safari.. But Selecting full version on the phone, then changing the theme, logging out, then logging in here has worked :)

What's enlightening now is that I realise that the IP.Board app has been doing nothing but showing me the plain mobile site anyway all these months.. Bah :)

Right, note to self.. Do not touch themes setting ever again!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kind of having the opposite problem, I want the mobile skin but it's not listed in the theme options anymore.

I'm using Firefox on WinXP. What happened to it?

I had to disable the mobile theme for non-mobile use as too many people were getting stuck in the mobile theme. There's a new version of the forum software available that fixes issues related to this, so when I upgrade the software I'll see if the theme mobile theme switching works more reliably. If so, I'll add it back as an option in the theme selection list.

..Al