IGNORED

Question: The worst 2600 games other than Pac-Man or E.T.

Fygar13

I have to chime in for Laser Blast as well.. so monotonous.

Custer's Revenge is awful too. Not just because of the "eroticism" (snicker) but the gameplay is so empty. Move from one end of the screen to the other, avoiding arrows, Repeat.. and repeat.. and repeat.. just terrible.

I disagree about Star Ship and Air-Sea Battle being terrible games. I get it, but I disagree. I think it helps to put them in context (what else was around at the time?), but they're fun two-player games that offer a lot of variety and competition. I even enjoy the single-player versions.

But every time I see someone dog on Star Ship, I have to ask: Are you playing the "hard" variations [4, 11, 14] and using the right joystick?

For what it's worth, I was born in 1985, well after the days of Pong. Star Ship has been one of my favorite Atari games since I "discovered" it a decade ago. I won't argue that it's the best game or anything like that -obviously, it isn't- but I do think it is a worthy game in the grand scheme of 2600 things.

...Night Driver

Your loss, I guess. It's a great game.

the worst game would have to be a stupid game mom brought home one time when I was a kid. something called custer stand or revenge or something. I played it about 2 minutes and gave up it was so stupid. But Dad loved it. He played it for hours at a time...alone....with the door locked.

I bet.

This reminds me of when I was kid and my mom brought home some Nintendo game called Stadium Occurrences or something like that, I forget. It was dumb so I threw it out.

• 10 months later...

Pac-man? ET? I liked pac-man, didn't care for ET, but I would put a few games up there that are literally uncompleteable before I would put those up LOL

Don't remember the name of the game, but there was one where you were a treasure hunter, dive in the water, shoot the fish, then loot the thing at the bottom of the screen....only, due to a programming glitch, you couldn't get the treasure. Talk about a stinker of a game. To bad it looked cool too.

At least ET was completeable (I even beat it by crashing the ship way back when LOL, don't think that's supposed to happen but, anyhow)

Don't remember the name of the game, but there was one where you were a treasure hunter, dive in the water, shoot the fish, then loot the thing at the bottom of the screen....only, due to a programming glitch, you couldn't get the treasure. Talk about a stinker of a game. To bad it looked cool too.

That's Scuba Diver, indeed one of the shittiest 2600 games ever. :lol: