IGNORED

DeLeo's Pizza/Arcade, Woodbury/Oakdale MN

RJ

No my boys are fraternal twins, one's a bit bigger than the other, almost 5. We usually visit when dinner's up to me, as my wife doesnt seem to like the place (probably since I enjoy it there ;) )

Edited by RJ

Well I dunno...I think its a bit crowded in the games area to start with, dont forget his primary goal is to sell food, the games are to play while you wait.

But, like...pinball man. There's an even smaller pizza place in my old neighborhood(still in Highland Park) that used to be a video store 30 years ago. Window art has an arcade game. Haven't been there yet, but driving by I noticed a Theater of Magic pin. Across the street in the lower level of "The Nook", has a Creature from the Black Lagoon.

But, like...pinball man. There's an even smaller pizza place in my old neighborhood(still in Highland Park) that used to be a video store 30 years ago. Window art has an arcade game. Haven't been there yet, but driving by I noticed a Theater of Magic pin. Across the street in the lower level of "The Nook", has a Creature from the Black Lagoon.

That's my old neighborhood too. I remember when it was a video store. My family used to rent tapes there.

Well when I'm there I'm usually dividing my time between wrangling 2 little boys & actually eating my food (& ensuring they eat theirs too).

When playing the games I usually move/steer while they press shoot/jump/etc so my hands are full. I suppose next time I drag my wife along she can film/take pics.

Interesting thread I wish there where some place like this in Toledo, OH. One of my favorite pizza place does have a cabaret cabinet with a muti board installed and 1 rotating pinball machine.

Anyway here is a link to the Pizza Place you guys are talking about(atleast it seems to be), there is a link at the top that lists the games they have.

http://www.deleobrospizza.com/

That's great that you can share that experience with your kids. I remember when I was young, my parents taking me to Gattiland, where we'd play all the latest arcade games of the time. Daytona USA, Sega Rally, etc. Shaped my preferences on games completely. It was such a magical place for a kid with an NES, seeing all these "mind blowing" 3d games on screen. Had such a fun time with my dad.

Unless that games list was very recently updated, they also have Zaxxon, & an Indiana Jones pinball. Pac-Man & Ms Pac are on the same machine, like a multi- PacMan game. The Simpsons has always been there, but in another small room by the entrance, with a crane game & candy machine.

Often, for some reason the games are ready to play, or give you 2 credits per coin. Nearly every time I've visited there's been a free game on something, like someone put $$$ in & walked away.

BTW that's the owner in the link's pic. Never met his wife, but I talk to him every time.

OK, so my wife DID take pics the 1st time we visited last year, early summer.

Pic 1 is my boys & I on the multi-Pac, in the right foreground corner is part of one of the pinballs. to the right of Galaga (off-camera) is Asteroids, Zaxxon, Donkey Kong, Dig Dug.

Pic #2 is my boys double teaming the Gilligans Island which isnt there anymore. Their games literally last only seconds, so pinball is a bit of a waste of money for us. You can see Dig Dug's sideart in the back.

post-1754-0-41735200-1359332091_thumb.jpg

post-1754-0-42850700-1359332231_thumb.jpg

Edited by RJ

We were there tonight and there were only about three other people there. Galaga was messed up so I played other things. Noticed for the first time that the Ms. Pac Man and Donkey Kong machines had 8 way joysticks. Is that supposed to be that way, or does that mean they've been refurbished at some point?

Yep we're headed there in about an hour, wife & kids in tow. I suggested Champps since Im in the mood for their club sammy & seasoned waffle fries/dipping sauce, but was outvoted by the kids. iI usu. have pizza, I may try a sandwich this time.

DeLeo's owner took our order & I chatted w/ him a bit. We got to the counter & I said "hey, we're back again". He made Indiana Jones the GOTM since pinball fans were bugging him. He also said he wants to take out an arcade cab to make room for another pinball! (Thought S1500 would like that)

My son played Indiana Jones solo & the next thing I knew he scored over 8.6 million, currently putting him in 1st place for the 9/under age group. I dont expect him to win since it's so early on, but it was great to see him so excited.

As for me I played the usual, Dig Dug had 2 free credits again, & I got the high score on that & Mario Bros. Next time I'll try the Super DeLeo Grinder.

• Like 1

Very cool. Might have to make it over there sometime. On a side note, if you every get to Lakeville, Muller Family Theaters just off of I-35 has a few games,too. Galaga 3, Addams Family, a racing game. Jeez, I wish I remembered more, but I remember thinking that it sure seemed like a lot of games. For the number of games, it may rival this pizza place.

I knew a guy thru Digitalpress that ran a gaming store in Lakeville. Visited & gave him some gaming posters to decorate the place. That was yrs ago, haven't been back since. Kinda long way to go for a casual car trip.

http://www.worldofgamesonline.com/

Is this the place? I've been there a couple of times. Bought a couple of Atari 2600 carts and a couple of ColecoVision carts.

Yeah thats the place. I knew it had "world" or nation or planet or something in the name. Gave me a considerable discount when I introduced myself as a fellow DP-er, but that was long ago. I still have some Eyetoy games from there that survived my numerous collection purges.

Eyetoy: Antigrav $7.69

WORLD OF GAMES BUY/SELL/TRADE

Games/DVDs/PC Service

Lakeville MN