IGNORED

DeLeo's Pizza/Arcade, Woodbury/Oakdale MN

RJ

A couple preteen boys were there w/ their dad. One of the boys checked out Blasteroids & reported back to his dad "it's the sequel to Asteroids!" I corrected him "no, that's Deluxe. This came out in '87 or '88." The kid looked at me like "how dare you speak to me!"

Had to educate him, just doing my job.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A sad note, tomorrow is DeLeo's final day open, closing at 2pm after a 5 yr run. The games go back to Mendota Valley Amusements. None of the plans/expansion mentioned above was ever realized. Honestly, I hadnt seen the owner the last few visits, & I felt service dropped off.

I spoke to my family about dinner there one last time tonight, but unsure if they'll be able to accomodate us, no longer operating at full scale. My wife was never a fan anyway.

Edited by RJ

• 3 weeks later...

Sad. I feel bad only going there twice in my life now. I read on pinside that some Wisconsin operator guy's moving to Minnesota, so there might be a possibility of a pinball hotspot opening.

Not sure if we're thinking of the same folks. I know some people looking to do a pinball place around here, but I think they'd like to keep it in Minneapolis where there's a lot of foot traffic. Till then, we've got Mortimers.

Not sure if we're thinking of the same folks. I know some people looking to do a pinball place around here, but I think they'd like to keep it in Minneapolis where there's a lot of foot traffic. Till then, we've got Mortimers.

This is your first post to the thread, so maybe not. :) I look forward to this new pin place, as long as there's available parking.

This is your first post to the thread, so maybe not. :) I look forward to this new pin place, as long as there's available parking.

I'm a bit more plugged into the pinball scene than I am retro videogames around here.

New pinball place is more a "Wouldn't it be nice?" thing than a definite plan at this time. Parking? Probably not. I live around a few good locations which I can fortunately just walk to.

• 1 year later...

Well, FWIW, through a series of FB clues, we discovered that DeLeos is re-opening in a new location- Edina, which is considered an upper-crust (har har) upper-income Mpls suburb. Not sure how this kind of pizza place will fit in there unless they tailor their place to the clientele.

I know it's way too far for me to go, or take the family. But good luck to them.

Today they posted a pic of their jukebox, which IIRR I posted above was a bit of a negative in their prior location.

Edited by RJ