IGNORED

game of the year 2011

34 members have voted

1. 1. What you vote as best homebrew for INTV in 2011?

• Donkey Kong Arcade (Intelligentvision)
    • Rocky and Bullwinkle (Intelligentvision)
    • Yogi's Frustration (Intelligentvision)
    • Adventures of Tron (Intelligentvision)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I don't think that there's any doubt that Donkey Kong is the best of the bunch. While it was nice to see the others released and I bought them all (except Rocky which I somehow missed), Donkey Kong showed what Coleco SHOULD have released back in the day.

DK for best game to play, with Yogi second, Rocky third and Tron fourth (depsite my love of all things Tron)

As for box, Tron first, Yogi second again, Rocky third and DK fourth.

Early leader for 2012 box art is Spina, with D1K best game so far but it's still early....can't wait to see and play Carol and Super Pro Space Patrol and obviously D2K. Hopefully there will be many others to consider for the 2012 championship!!!

I saw a video of Yogi's Frustration and it looked very cool, typical retro-game from the 80s. However, Adventures Of Tron looked rather lame, like if it were cobbled together over a weekend, reusing the old Tron game's assets without context or style.

And that's even with my heavy built-in bias towards anything Tron.

As for DK Arcade, well, what can I say. I've been waiting for that game for decades, ever since Coleco ruined my childhood. (Well, they didn't really, but their DK version was a travesty!)

-dZ.

• Like 1

DK for best game to play, with Yogi second, Rocky third and Tron fourth (depsite my love of all things Tron)

Early leader for 2012 box art is Spina, with D1K best game so far but it's still early....can't wait to see and play Carol and Super Pro Space Patrol and obviously D2K. Hopefully there will be many others to consider for the 2012 championship!!!

2012 championship will be very interesting with intelligentvision, left turn and elektronite releases :-)

Edited by vprette

2012 championship will be very interesting with intelligentvision, left turn and elektronite releases :-)

And maybe one more....

I like Yogi, but that's only because it's the only one I have :-( I love the box art.

If I were to seek out a second or third title, would I be better off waiting for D2K vs Donkey Kong Arcade? Is Tron any fun?

I believe D2K has Donkey Kong Arcade (AKA DK Arcade) built in. So you get both for the price of one.

-dZ.

I like Yogi, but that's only because it's the only one I have :-( I love the box art.

If I were to seek out a second or third title, would I be better off waiting for D2K vs Donkey Kong Arcade? Is Tron any fun?

I believe D2K has Donkey Kong Arcade (AKA DK Arcade) built in. So you get both for the price of one.

-dZ.

Cool, that's what I though. I'll hold off for D2K. Thanks!

I made this to celebrate the game

Game_of_year_2011_2.JPG

That's nice. You know, on your games that Elektronite is publishing, you should have a symbol/notice on the box that it's endorsed by the Intellivision Brotherhood!

According to this pool and additional votes coming from IW mailing list (mostly giving votes to Tron) Donkey Kong Arcade as been voted as Game of the Year 2011!

Game_of_year_2011_final.JPG

votation for 2012 will start after cge and will become a very strong competition between Elektronite (D2K being the hit release), intelligentvision (king of mountains seems the best candidate) and LTO (Carol and Super Space Patrol both strong candidates)

Edited by vprette

According to this pool and additional votes coming from IW mailing list (mostly giving votes to Tron) Donkey Kong Arcade as been voted as Game of the Year 2011!

Game_of_year_2011_final.JPG

votation for 2012 will start after cge and will become a very strong competition between Elektronite (D2K being the hit release), intelligentvision (king of mountains seems the best candidate) and LTO (Carol and Super Space Patrol both strong candidates)

Hopefully catsfolly and GroovyBee will have entries too. I wonder if there's any chance of Arnauld getting Rick D done? That would certainly be a competitor too

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2012 contest is enriched by intelligentvision Illusions and King of the mountain..

elektronite will be D2K and Minehunter..

we wait for official LTO announcement

Christmas Carol will be released this year. Come rain or shine, storm or quake, or alien invasion. It shall be released. It must.

My sanity (and that of my wife's) depend on it. :)

-dZ.

Christmas Carol's LTO Shell sticker should be printed today or tomorrow.......

The box is being printed next week......same with the manual......just have to get the overlays printed and we are home free......the overlays are scheduled to be printed the first week of July.......

Well, not quite home free. I think we still need the game code... That's the actual bottle neck now. :P

-dZ.

Christmas Carol's LTO Shell sticker should be printed today or tomorrow.......

The box is being printed next week......same with the manual......just have to get the overlays printed and we are home free......the overlays are scheduled to be printed the first week of July.......

Well, not quite home free. I think we still need the game code... That's the actual bottle neck now. :P

-dZ.

Then stop wasting your time talking to us and get to it! Lol! :) I can't wait to see what you've produced. Any more youtube glimpses to come?