IGNORED

Atari-PC or PC-Atari

I hate PC... The only computer I like is my Atari 8bit computer. Although it is a cool project, it is not my cup of tea.

Atari 800XL is a fabulous case to see, so I can imagine why you want to use it.

One serious point:

You have spend SO many hours on doing this right, why didn't you pay a little more attention to the looks? That DVD thing looks terrible (to me) and that I/O panel too. For a proto-type ok... but I'd say: do it again, but now nicely. It looks like my melted 'i had not time, and I really WANTED to make it NOW' CF-slot on the backside of my Atari 800XL. I did that with my Solder-Iron (what a terrible SMELL and SMOKE) ....

Haha.

I say it before... "Im not happy that all". At starting I know that I cut too much cover in some places. And my first idea was put the DVD in the back of the Atari, but the Power Supply ruins many of my ideas. In example: I want to put the power plug in the SIO hole, but I can't. I want to put the two joystick connector in the same location that the 800XL, also I can't. And everything fit a little tight. Also, I can't found an I/O plate matching with this Intel mother board.

As somebody suggest, Im thinking in the pico PSU. With that on my hands I can improve my Atari PC. Until that happen is not more than a prototype, although a full operative prototype. :D.

Lots of work there, so I tip my hat to you, sir. But you might want to check out programmable keyboard encoders- they require a lot less soldering and you can assign each key whatever function you want. I'm typing this on a 1200xl right now.

post-9249-1250197245_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Lots of work there, so I tip my hat to you, sir. But you might want to check out programmable keyboard encoders- they require a lot less soldering and you can assign each key whatever function you want. I'm typing this on a 1200xl right now.

Awesome setup!

• 5 months later...

Wow, That looks luv-er-ly.

The 1200XL case doesn't feel sturdy enough to me to support a CRT (back when cathode ray tubes were the only option). It's almost erie that it looks like they knew exactly how much space and strength was needed to support a flat panel LCD. ;-)

The 1050 is holding a DVD drive?

Wow, That looks luv-er-ly.

The 1200XL case doesn't feel sturdy enough to me to support a CRT (back when cathode ray tubes were the only option). It's almost erie that it looks like they knew exactly how much space and strength was needed to support a flat panel LCD. ;-)

The 1050 is holding a DVD drive?

The 1050 is my CD/DVD drive and has a usb port in the spot where the power switch used to be.

• 2 years later...

I thinking about using Nano ITX PC with Bluetooth (as mouse/keyboard provider) and WiFi/Eth (for networking) as about an another option.

This device can be placed in a Case of some DiskDrive for Atari just for running APE AspeQt RespeQt etc

Thus we can get full atari peripherals emulation without making full Atari environment ruined by PC's invasion.

Best regards