IGNORED

Atari Proto Collection: 1450XLD, 1400XL, 1200, 1090 XL Expansion

MrFish

Bit of a problem with the auction. The 1450 and 1400 were Curt's and only sold to the auctioneer under a first right buy back agreement. As in if he decided he didn't wan't them, Curt would have the immediate right to buy them back - or he wouldn't have sold them in the first place. Those should not be in this auction.

Bit of a problem with the auction. The 1450 and 1400 were Curt's and only sold to the auctioneer under a first right buy back agreement. As in if he decided he didn't wan't them, Curt would have the immediate right to buy them back - or he wouldn't have sold them in the first place. Those should not be in this auction.

Thats quite untrue!

Edited by ch*p

Thats quite untrue!

Not totally correct, I had the right to first refusal, in other words. If Bernd was going to sell them, I asked that he give me first shot at buying them back before proceeding to sell them to just anyone. Everyone who's bought anything from me has all gone through this same agreement with me. Bernd and I are already discussing this directly and working out something, but that way its described above is not quite accurate.

Curt

• Like 1

They are quite real. I can vouch for the 1400XL and 1450XL (acutally not a D since its a 1450XL shortboard inside, no disk controller on it) as those both came from me to Bernd a very very long time ago.

Curt

Beetle has been busy.

I could care less for the 1200 and 1450 XLD. The real McCoy here is the 1400XL, and (just maybe) the expansion-fridge.

Why couldnt the 1200 or 1450xld be real if you believe the 1400xl to be real? The 1400xl is probably one of those BEST MB built out with some Beetle magic for the case. Even the 1090 is probably more Beetle magic.

For those who dont know Beetle's handywork, link provided.

http://www.atariage....50#entry1207216

Well, I've received a lot of emails on this issue... I'm hopeful that Bernd will be a gentleman and will have honor to abide by selling the 1450XL back to me, I have several 1400XL's in various versions, so I don't wish to buy back the 1400XL and Bernd is more then welcome to sell as he pleases....

I'm beginning to think we've been had.

Why sell them as a package and not as individual units? Why the unusual $500 shipping charge? Why has no one cracked the reserve price yet (bids at ~35K).

I think the seller is just trying to get an idea of the current market value. I suspect that the reserve has been set to a crazy level and no one will get close.

Hello Atari community, I am the seller of this auction. After careful consideration I have decided to cancel all bids and stop the auction early. A unit of the auction, the Atari 1450XLD, i have purchased about 1996 from Curt. It seems that we had an agreement. Therefore, I decided to keep this device. But i want also to state clearly that the Atari 1400XL was not bought from Curt, also the other items. I want to apologize to all interested parties and bidders for the early termination of the auction, but I think that this is the right decision at the time.

Bernd

@Stephen

I hope thats enough firework

• Like 1

It's so funny about these rare objects. I wouldn't even pay one euro for one of these. They do nothing to me. Probably because I never had one.

Same happened with my purchase of an atari 1200XL a few months ago. I really thought I wanted one... (I was always an atari 600XL/800XL and 65XE user). The 1200XL arrived... I thought: well ok, that is the 1200XL... put it away and never looked at it again. The 800XL in stead kept me of the streets for hours again.

It probably is a matter of taste.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hmm that was a year ago. Any idea of what working 1400XLs are fetching these days? I'm considering culling the herd, so to speak...I need to reclaim at least part of my basement, and truth be told I haven't even plugged mine in for years.