IGNORED

Gate Boxes R US

Today, the salesman for the printer came around. He looked at what I wanted, and indicated that he could set me up......he took an example, and will have a mock up done in a few days.....

He also expressed disbelief that I was turned away from other printers. He couldn't understand why people would turn away business. I agreed....thanking him for working with a small fry like Classic Game Publishers. Very nice salesman.

• Like 4

Today, the salesman for the printer came around. He looked at what I wanted, and indicated that he could set me up......he took an example, and will have a mock up done in a few days.....

He also expressed disbelief that I was turned away from other printers. He couldn't understand why people would turn away business. I agreed....thanking him for working with a small fry like Classic Game Publishers. Very nice salesman.

Sweet mother of all that is holy!! That is great news! I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Awesome news !!

Which of the six gatefold boxes (that I can think of) most resembles the one you're planning to use? :-D

This first one has the white plastic cart liner but with one slot for the manual and overlays, post-25458-0-54831400-1336448258_thumb.jpg

while the second one has a smaller slot for the overlays and a bigger one for the manual on the left hand side. post-25458-0-92166300-1336448929_thumb.jpg

Then there's two variations of the cart slot without a liner, with the manual and overlays in a slot at the bottom of the left hand side, post-25458-0-36213800-1336449051_thumb.jpg

or with two slots more on the middle to upper part of the left hand side.post-25458-0-35733300-1336448234_thumb.jpg

Next, there's the French Canadian version with the small, tight cart slot and the single slot for the manual and overlays. post-25458-0-41914600-1336448282_thumb.jpg

Finally, there's the Intellivoice version with the white cart liner and then the vertical slot for the manual and a second smaller vertical slot for the overlays. post-25458-0-42729300-1336448304_thumb.jpg

Hot chicks and beer work every time! :)

I didn't know there were so many variations of the Intell. gatefold box all mine have just one slot for both manual and overlays and some have the plastic.

Great news

I would LOVE to have the plastic tray....but, not going to happen....unless the Intellivision was as popular as the Famicom/NES.....

I think that the Vectron style is a good compromise.

I am still amazed that 33 year old overaly printing gives modern printers such problems.

Yah, I think the Vectron version is just fine, not the end of the world not having the tray.

Weird how the overlays are so tough to get done correctly huh?

I am still amazed that 33 year old overaly printing gives modern printers such problems.

Well, I just developed a way to make ColecoVision overlays that work really well. It really wouldn't be that difficult to use the same process to make Intellevision overlays. I describe my development of the ColecoVision overlay in this topic:

Does anyone make reproduction overlays?

I don't know if this should be it's own thread or not, but...

How do you store your manual and overlays(for standard gate-fold)? Overlays in manual? On a certain page? Overlays if front/behind manual?

And specifically for Imagic games....overlays in designated slot, under cart, or in manual?

Just curious, because I'm trying to figure out the best way to store in a way that preserves quality.

I don't know if this should be it's own thread or not, but...

How do you store your manual and overlays(for standard gate-fold)? Overlays in manual? On a certain page? Overlays if front/behind manual?

And specifically for Imagic games....overlays in designated slot, under cart, or in manual?

Just curious, because I'm trying to figure out the best way to store in a way that preserves quality.

As you can see in the pics above I tend to carefully put them in front of the manual for the gatefold ones or in their own slot if that exists. For the Intellivision Ince boxes, I tend to store them in the middle of the manual. For the Imagic ones I usually put them under the cart.

Well, the printer salesman came by today with the mock up of the box. The thing was hand cut and a bit crude, but looked good. Since the cart slot was a bit too tight and the manual slot a bit too shallow, I gave him an actual D2K Arcade manual, and LTO shell (with impressive D2K Arcade sticker) ;-) and a couple of Intellivision overlays. He is going to take it and do another mock up.

I have a meeting with the printer on Wednesday morning. The president of the company is even going to be there....wow....

After that, I will have a meeting with their graphic designer. I have all of my elements, and know how I want it laid down. So, I am looking forward to getting it all in printable state.

The salesman looked at my manual and was impressed by how great it looked. He told me that they could do something similar for the box......I am going to find out if we can get not only a gatefold box...but a PREMIUM gatefold box done....no promises, but it is looking good!

I was even given a lead for a silk screen company that can do the overlays properly. If anyone has ever taken an overlay into a printer, you know that it baffles many of them. So, I am hoping that they can sort me out.

• Like 3

Well, the printer salesman came by today with the mock up of the box. The thing was hand cut and a bit crude, but looked good. Since the cart slot was a bit too tight and the manual slot a bit too shallow, I gave him an actual D2K Arcade manual, and LTO shell (with impressive D2K Arcade sticker) ;-) and a couple of Intellivision overlays. He is going to take it and do another mock up.

I have a meeting with the printer on Wednesday morning. The president of the company is even going to be there....wow....

After that, I will have a meeting with their graphic designer. I have all of my elements, and know how I want it laid down. So, I am looking forward to getting it all in printable state.

The salesman looked at my manual and was impressed by how great it looked. He told me that they could do something similar for the box......I am going to find out if we can get not only a gatefold box...but a PREMIUM gatefold box done....no promises, but it is looking good!

I was even given a lead for a silk screen company that can do the overlays properly. If anyone has ever taken an overlay into a printer, you know that it baffles many of them. So, I am hoping that they can sort me out.

Excellent news, thanks for the update. By "premium", are you talking about the quality of the printing and the cardboard itself?

I am talking 'wow' factor.

The manual looks really striking.....it is glossy...but the picture just jumps out at you....very vivid.....the mock up I first had done at a copy shop to shop the manual around to printers was glossy, and nice....but it wasn't so bright and vivid.

So, yeah, I'm looking to see if I can bump up the quality of the printing to make you go 'wow' when you see it.

The salesman said that we could use a method that I can't remember....

• Like 1