IGNORED

CPU comparison: SNES vs. Genesis vs. TG16

1 minute ago, Bloodreign said:

I've watched Youtube videos for years on games for both consoles, no I have not seen the tribalism I have seen now from either side, but then again I tend to watch videos from more respectable content creators, and not the dreck of Youtube, where this type of tribalism is allowed or encouraged.

I have no idea on the tribalism of either side, but I can assure you there has always been a large contigent of folks that consider the Genesis superior to the Super NES from the time both systems were out. And to be fair some that consider the TurboGrafx-16 superior to both, but not very many. Well at least outside of Japan, I would not be surprised to find out that a large chunk of Japanese classic gamers consider the PC Engine the best of the three.

And to dispel any nostalgia accusations, yes I had a Genesis with Sega CD, but my best friend had a Super NES and my step-brother had a TurboGrafx-16. So I had plenty of experience with the other two systems when they were in their commercial life.

• Like 1

With the way the console wars raged back in the 16-bit era...

I'm in a way not surprised that the war is ongoing here in 2022 :)  Sales numbers...tech specs... EA...Rare...  Everyone make sure to read Console Wars.  It's not the best book ever written by any means, but it is entertaining.

Anyway.  I've always been partial to Sega and Atari personally.  Liked the look of their consoles better than the rest, and always liked Streets of Rage and Golden Axe better than Mario stuff.  But that said, the SNES is a fine, fine machine with lots of great titles.  

My main point or really, more my main take on this is that the Genesis vs SNES war is one of the more hotly debated and entertaining of all time.  That was possibly my favorite gaming period, as there was great stuff coming out for both basically all the time.  As a rule neither Snes or Genesis owners were jealous of the other or unhappy.  It was just annoying that you had to scream about HOW HAPPY you were to get the other side to listen and take notice :D   NO I AM HAVING MORE FUN WITH GUNSTAR HEROES THAN YOU ARE WITH STAR FOX!!!  NO I R HAVING MORE FUN WITH CASTLEVANIA BLOODLINES THAN U R WITH SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV!!!  I WILL PROVE IT WITH MY SCIENTIFIC FUN O METER!!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

What the hell is up with this recent trend of users registering specifically to respond to (typically banned users in) threads that haven't gotten replies in 10 years?

Some people are emotionally crippled losers who have little else to do, I guess. Imagine in 2022 being genuinely upset someone doesn't like the same 30 year old toy as you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bloodreign said:

Visit Youtube channels like VC Deicide, and you'll see it in full force. Not so much for the channel owner, but the comments section, even when there's not a Sega console game being compared.

I try not to read the comment section of that channel. Its sad to me these people have to be in their 30s, 40s and probably even 50s yet they still have the mentality of a 12 year old. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Rhomaios said:

Some people are emotionally crippled losers who have little else to do, I guess. Imagine in 2022 being genuinely upset someone doesn't like the same 30 year old toy as you.

Yeah, I guess. Everyone knows which one I prefer and it isn't even close, but the glorious Neo Geo AES takes a dump on all of the rest of them anyway, both in terms of performance and price.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I guess. Everyone knows which one I prefer and it isn't even close, but the glorious Neo Geo AES takes a dump on all of the rest of them anyway, both in terms of performance and price.

It's totally cool to have a preference. I don't prefer the Neo Geo, but I respect it anyway. What's laughable is getting this angry to create an account and then childishly exclaim "come at me!" at anyone who disagrees.

For me, the biggest problem with the Neo Geo is the lack of diversity of games. My ranking would be:

SNES

Genesis

TG16

Neo Geo

(Edit: NG and Jaguar really don't belong with the rest of the gen, but Jag would definitely be below the rest. Sorry, you fans!)

But #1 and #2 are really close, and I have a real affection for #3 as well. What I would want to play on the Neo Geo I can mostly get elsewhere, even if it is imperfect. Instead of Sonic Wings 1 & 2, I have Sonic Wings on the SFC and Sonic Wings Special on the Saturn. Metal Slug came to the Saturn, too. Samurai Shodown is fine enough on the Genesis, but pooh that SS2 never appears. I'm also not the biggest fan of fighters, so that limits it a bit. What's left that you can't get elsewhere? Windjammers?

Edited by Rhomaios
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhomaios said:

It's totally cool to have a preference. I don't prefer the Neo Geo, but I respect it anyway. What's laughable is getting this angry to create an account and then childishly exclaim "come at me!" at anyone who disagrees.

For me, the biggest problem with the Neo Geo is the lack of diversity of games. My ranking would be:

SNES

Genesis

TG16

Neo Geo

Yeah, mine is

Japanese Mega Drive

MASSIVE GAP OF NOTHINGNESS

Neo Geo

US Genesis

SuperGrafx (with CD)

PC Engine (with CD)

SFC

US SNES

Turbo

PAL consoles. Sorry, PAL humans, but 50Hz sucks when the game is supposed to run at ~60Hz.

4 minutes ago, Rhomaios said:

What's left that you can't get elsewhere?

The feeling of being a king that only the Neo Geo AES can provide.

1 minute ago, Rhomaios said:

SNES

Genesis

TG16

Neo Geo

^ Boom.  This right here.  Nailed it.  Neo Geo's library pales in comparison to SFC/SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, evilevoix said:

The Genesis was the superior console.  The Neo Geo would have but it was too much money but it was extremely powerful and moved sprites better than anything in its time.

Except, it wasn't.

If you preferred EA's extensive sports line up then sure, but outside of that there's no single category where Genesis clearly smokes the SNES. Some might say shumps, and to that I respond: Gradius III (with FastROM patch to remove most of the slowdown), Super Aleste, Parodius (all three), U.N. Squadron, R-Type III, Scrambled Valkyrie, etc. There's plenty of great shmups on SNES, and I'd personally rather play titles like Paroidus Da!, Super Aleste and U.N. Squadron over any Genesis shmup. So it's not a clear win at all for Genesis there, even though it too has some great shmups. But, when it comes to platformers, it's not even close. Nothing on Genesis truly comes close to the likes of Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Island, no matter what Sonic fans believe--ZERO Sonic titles appear on most Best Games of All Time lists. And when it comes to RPGs, it's not even close. And when it comes to racing games, it's no really close either because nothing on Genesis beats the likes of F-Zero, Super Mario Kart and Top Gear 2. Fighting games are about equal, with me personally thinking no fighter on Genesis matches or betters Street Fighter II Turbo or Killer Instinct. Action platformers are roughly the same, with Genesis arguably getting the slight edge because of Gunstar Heroes and Alien Solider. Strategy games are roughly the same. Puzzle games are roughly the same. Beat 'em ups are roughly the same (you might say Streets of Rage 2, but I say TMNT on SNES is basically on par when all aspect are taken into account, and certainly close enough that Genesis doesn't get the clear win due to one truly great beat 'em up). Etc.

When it comes to titles that still populate most Best Games of All Time lists to this day, it's not even close. Almost every list has multiple SNES games, and many lists literally have no Genesis games. See IGN's most recent as a perfect example (pay attention to the top 5 spots): https://www.ign.com/articles/the-best-100-video-games-of-all-time

When it comes to the size of the games library, the SNES has well over double the amount of tiles at around 1757 vs the Genesis 713.

When it comes to million-selling games, the SNES has 49 titles, and the Genesis only has 18.

There are no games on Genesis that have been more influential over the years, and still ongoing to this day, than the likes of Super Mario World, Mario Kart, A Link to the Past, and Super Metroid. So even there the SNES [library] shows why it was so special.

Each console has its strengths and weaknesses in terms of graphics and audio, but at a glance or quick play without doing some kind of Digital Foundry-level deep dive, it's far easier to see better looking and hear better sounding SNES games, even if under the hood the Genesis is often doing some really impressive stuff. It took me 30+ years to even realise the Genesis was beating the SNES in some areas regularly, which goes right to my point. But, if you really want to argue about every single under-the-hood spec and the benefits of this and that, I'll happy start down that path with you. For example, I might say: SNES has far more colours both in total and onscreen at once, SNES has double the amount of full background layers, SNES is capable of larger single sprites (64x64 vs 32x32), SNES can display 128 8x8/16x16 sprites vs the Genesis max of 80, SNES can display 32 8x8 sprites per scanlines vs the Genesis 20, SNES has finer column scrolling (every 8 pixels vs Genesis' every 16 pixels), SNES has more audio channels (8 vs Genesis' 6, ignoring the Master System blips and blips you can forcibly add to the Genesis 6 main audio channels) that are more versatile due the PCM sampling (and it even supports proper Dolby Surround Sound), SNES has twice the amount of work RAM, SNES max resolution of 512x448 beats the Genesis' max resolution of 320x448, SNES has proper transparency/colour math, SNES has built-in mosaicing, SNES has additional shape/window masking, SNES has additional HDMA, SNES has built-in Mode 7 for advanced background scaling, rotation and skewing, SNES has around 80 games that used expansion chips directly in the carts to push its capabilities even further and often far beyond that of the even the Genesis (other than the single game that used an in-cart chip on Genesis, which was Virtua Racing) including a bunch that increased the CPU speed above the Genesis' fabled 7.6MHz CPU, and these were in use from literally day one with Pilotwings, etc.

When it comes to controllers, it's not even close. The standard controller that everyone who owns a SNES has utterly obliterates the standard Genesis controller that pretty much everyone who owns a Genesis has. And, if you're going to go out and buy some additional controllers for whatever reason, say to get the best fighting game experience, then the C&L Championship Joystick for SNES smokes anything for Genesis (so enough with you pay-extra-to-own it Genesis 6-button pad):

When it comes to overall sales, it's not even close.

When it comes to recent sales of the Mini versions of these consoles, it's not even close: SNES Mini sold over 5 million units. Not even a million Genesis fans turned up to purchase the mini version of their favourite system.

You can prefer the Genesis all you want, and for some games it's clearly the way to go (sports titles for sure), but it's pretty easy to demonstrate the superiority of the SNES in most areas and therefor overall (outside of personal preference).

So, yeah, the SNES was and still is the superior console.

PS. I still totally respect the Genesis and PC Engine and think they are both brilliant consoles, despite proclaiming SNES the overall superior system when everything is taken into account.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
Just adding a few more bits and bobs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

In your opinion.

Look, we appreciate your passion for the SNES, but this isn't Reddit or Youtube or any of those other types of forums you might be used to.  We kind of do things differently here on AA.  If you want to stick around I suggest you tone it a notch, stop being so combative (that goes to others in this thread as well BTW), and learn and follow the norms of the forum.   I think you'll find that most of the people on AA own all three systems (and many many others besides) and like them all more or less equally.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

In your opinion.

Look, we appreciate your passion for the SNES, but this isn't Reddit or Youtube or any of those other types of forums you might be used to.  We kind of do things differently here on AA.  If you want to stick around I suggest you tone it a notch, stop being so combative (that goes to others in this thread as well BTW), and learn and follow the norms of the forum. 

It's almost as if you just ignored absolutely everything I detailed above the concluding statement in my previous post--you know, all the objective facts and figures that went alongside some of the other more subjective stuff as a way to try and show why one console is measurably and demonstrably overall the superior one (number of games still appearing in most Best Games of All Time lists, total size of games library, total sales figures of the consoles, sales figures of the games, factually more advanced and versatile controller, ongoing influence of the games, all the various hardware tech specs, etc). But I get ya: Every console is of course the objectively and demonstrably overall superior one, because it clearly all just comes down to someone's subjective opinion, and that's all the ever counts in such debates. lol

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
Because I like editing things
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rhomaios said:

My ranking would be:

SNES

Genesis

TG16

Neo Geo

9 hours ago, bubufubu said:

^ Boom.  This right here.  Nailed it.  Neo Geo's library pales in comparison to SFC/SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis.

Yup, I'd go with that list too.

I mean, the Neg Geo console was like $650 at launch and was asking around $200-$300 per game at the time, so I honestly couldn't and still can't take it seriously. But, if some lucky person had lots of excess money--and I mean LOTS--and could actually afford to buy the system plus a bunch of games for it, I wouldn't knock them if it appeared higher on their personal list. But, really, it's almost like comparing an arcade--I mean a literal arcade, with a handful of expensive games--to a home console. It's kind of silly to even have it on the same list as the SNES, Genesis and PC Engine imo.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

It's almost as if you just ignored absolutely everything I detailed above the concluding statement in my previous post--you know, all the objective facts and figures that went alongside some of the other more subjective stuff as a way to try and show why one console is measurably and demonstrably overall the superior one (number of games still appearing in most Best Games of All Time lists, total size of games library, total sales figures of the consoles, sales figures of the games, factually more advanced and versatile controller, ongoing influence of the games, all the various hardware tech specs, etc). But I get ya: Every console is of course the objectively and demonstrably overall superior one, because it clearly all just comes down to someone's subjective opinion, and that's all the ever counts in such debates. lol

I feel like I'm not getting through.  Reread what I wrote about how we do things here on AA. 

You seem very passionate about the SNES, but also hyper defensive about it.  If you joined AA just to proselytize and jump on people every time the SNES is mentioned, then you're going to have a bad time.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I feel like I'm not getting through.  Reread what I wrote about how we do things here on AA. 

You seem very passionate about the SNES, but also hyper defensive about it.  If you joined AA just to proselytize and jump on people every time the SNES is mentioned, then you're going to have a bad time.

I feel like you don't have to keep trying to get through. You have your approach and I have mine. Unless the forum rules specifically say I can't have a strong opinion and support such an opinion with various stats and figure and examples and personal views and so on--not with any kind of swearing or spam or excessive personal attacks on anyone else and the like--then I think you've moderated me enough. Thank you for your time, but otherwise I'm all good here.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

2 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

I feel like you don't have to keep trying to get through. You have you approach and I have mine. Unless the forum rules specifically say I can't have a strong opinion and support such an opinion with various stats and figure and examples and personal views and so on--not with any kind of swearing or spam or excessive personal attacks on anyone else and the like--then I think you've moderated me enough. Thank you for your time, but otherwise I'm all good here.

Wow, just wow.

2 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Except, it wasn't.

If you preferred EA's extensive sports line up then sure, but outside of that there's no single category where Genesis clearly smokes the SNES. Some might say shumps, and to that I respond: Gradius III (with FastROM patch to remove most of the slowdown), Super Aleste, Parodius (all three), U.N. Squadron, R-Type III, Scrambled Valkyrie, etc. There's plenty of great shmups on SNES, and I'd personally rather play titles like Paroidus Da!, Super Aleste and U.N. Squadron over any Genesis shmup. So it's not a clear win at all for Genesis there, even though it too has some great shmups. But, when it comes to platformers, it's not even close. Nothing on Genesis truly comes close to the likes of Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Island, no matter what Sonic fans believe--ZERO Sonic titles appear on most Best Games of All Time lists. And when it comes to RPGs, it's not even close. And when it comes to racing games, it's no really close either because nothing on Genesis beats the likes of F-Zero, Super Mario Kart and Top Gear 2. Fighting games are about equal, with me personally thinking no fighter on Genesis matches or betters Street Fighter II Turbo or Killer Instinct. Action platformers are roughly the same, with Genesis arguably getting the slight edge because of Gunstar Heroes and Alien Solider. Strategy games are roughly the same. Puzzle games are roughly the same. Beat 'em ups are roughly the same (you might say Streets of Rage 2, but I say TMNT on SNES is basically on par when all aspect are taken into account, and certainly close enough that Genesis doesn't get the clear win due to one truly great beat 'em up). Etc.

When it comes to titles that still populate most Best Games of All Time lists to this day, it's not even close. Almost every list has multiple SNES games, and many lists literally have no Genesis games. See IGN's most recent as a perfect example (pay attention to the top 5 spots): https://www.ign.com/articles/the-best-100-video-games-of-all-time

When it comes to the size of the games library, the SNES has well over double the amount of tiles at around 1757 vs the Genesis 713.

When it comes to million-selling games, the SNES has 49 titles, and the Genesis only has 18.

There are no games on Genesis that have been more influential over the years, and still ongoing to this day, than the likes of Super Mario World, Mario Kart, A Link to the Past, and Super Metroid. So even there the SNES [library] shows why it was so special.

Each console has its strengths and weaknesses in terms of graphics and audio, but at a glance or quick play without doing some kind of Digital Foundry-level deep dive, it's far easier to see better looking and hear better sounding SNES games, even if under the hood the Genesis is often doing some really impressive stuff. It took me 30+ years to even realise the Genesis was beating the SNES in some areas regularly, which goes right to my point. But, if you really want to argue about every single under-the-hood spec and the benefits of this and that, I'll happy start down that path with you. For example, I might say: SNES has far more colours both in total and onscreen at once, SNES has double the amount of full background layers, SNES is capable of larger single sprites (64x64 vs 32x32), SNES can display 128 8x8/16x16 sprites vs the Genesis max of 80, SNES can display 32 8x8 sprites per scanlines vs the Genesis 20, SNES has finer column scrolling (every 8 pixels vs Genesis' every 16 pixels), SNES has more audio channels (8 vs Genesis' 6, ignoring the Master System blips and blips you can forcibly add to the Genesis 6 main audio channels) that are more versatile due the PCM sampling (and it even supports proper Dolby Surround Sound), SNES has twice the amount of work RAM, SNES max resolution of 512x448 beats the Genesis' max resolution of 320x448, SNES has proper transparency/colour math, SNES has built-in mosaicing, SNES has additional shape/window masking, SNES has additional HDMA, SNES has built-in Mode 7 for advanced background scaling, rotation and skewing, SNES has around 80 games that used expansion chips directly in the carts to push its capabilities even further and often far beyond that of the even the Genesis (other than the single game that used an in-cart chip on Genesis, which was Virtua Racing) including a bunch that increased the CPU speed above the Genesis' fabled 7.6MHz CPU, and these were in use from literally day one with Pilotwings, etc.

When it comes to controllers, it's not even close. The standard controller that everyone who owns a SNES has utterly obliterates the standard Genesis controller that pretty much everyone who owns a Genesis has. And, if you're going to go out and buy some additional controllers for whatever reason, say to get the best fighting game experience, then the C&L Championship Joystick for SNES smokes anything for Genesis (so enough with you pay-extra-to-own it Genesis 6-button pad):

When it comes to overall sales, it's not even close.

When it comes to recent sales of the Mini versions of these consoles, it's not even close: SNES Mini sold over 5 million units. Not even a million Genesis fans turned up to purchase the mini version of their favourite system.

You can prefer the Genesis all you want, and for some games it's clearly the way to go (sports titles for sure), but it's pretty easy to demonstrate the superiority of the SNES in most areas and therefor overall (outside of personal preference).

PS. I still totally respect the Genesis and PC Engine and think they are both brilliant consoles, despite proclaiming SNES the overall superior system when everything is taken into account.

I like how you present Fan boi opinion as fact.  Being a lucky boy as I was having both consoles growing up i would concede ground to the SNES on RPG's only and that is close when compared to Fantasy Star and then the Sega CD titles which I agree isn't fair.  You seem to be taking this personally which is the wrong approach.

FACT: The Mega Drive moves games much more fluid, with less slow down, can move more sprites on screen (At speed)  and the sound is much more clear as it isn't muffled.  The MD is an actual instrument that needs to be played vs muffled samples with horrible reverb. 

You being with GRADIUS II Patch roms to fix slow down?  U.N. Squadron almost breaks your SNES if you use a CLUSTER BOMB.  SLOW SLOW SLOW and almost crashes on game play. R-TYPE AGAIN a slide show.  I mean the TG16 kills the SNES in this Genre and Lightening Force destroys any attempt of the SNES to even compete.  If you do not like fluidity than the SNES is your console.

Attacking SONIC won't get you any friends and FAN BOI High 5's on Mario are fine but you can't compare the way SONIC moves to a MARIO game even Yoshi's ISLAND with a Super FX chip has slow down issues.  Cute game, baby crying mechanic, solid.  SMW is iconic of course and I will compare SONIC to it all day, it moves much better.

Racing games?  The Mega Drive could actually render and scale without helper chips.  Sega could scale and rotate as well using it's hardware.  You've seen what treasure can do.

Want those 3D GRAFX on a SNES?  Stunt Race FX is a close as you can get and it's cropped, needs a SUPER FX CHIP, and is SLOW.  It is CUTE Though I'll give you that.

SNES was sold until 1998 so it had more years on the shelf than SEGA.  Made it until 1998. 

So if we are using today's technology the I will submit PAPRIUM which would make the SNES melt if it tried to move that many sprites. No Grafx chips here either, PURE 68000 here.

LINK: 

Music?

I will submit XENOCRISIS which could have the best music of any Game of the 16 Bit era.  Here is a few snippets that perfectly uses the MD sound machine to perfection.  Clear and no muffles.

LINK: 

link:

Also not to mention XENOCrisis is a top down bullet hell shooter that can run 2 player simultaneous with zero slowdown and zero helper chips.  SNES could never dream to run that game without issues.

Take one look at this game and tell me the SNES wouldn't melt trying to run it.  I even asked the developers if they could run it on the SNES and they stated that the resolution would have to be LOWER (Cropped) and it would, as you guessed, melt your SNES.  LIML: 

You keep presenting nostalgic feels as fact and that's fine if it make you happy but when entering a court of law opinion quickly fades in the light of facts.

THE MD played games faster, smoother, and without the aid of helper chips.  Your argument literally begins with a game that needs a modern patch to fix it.  Your SNES argument of more sprites is also null as it would slow to a crawl if it tried to put that much stuff on the screen. SNES CANNOT move as many sprites on screen as a Sega genesis unless you want a slide show.  It's like arguing your airplane has more storage space than SEGA's but you'd never get off the ground.  The SNES is known as a slowdown machine, it's essentially a feature at this point.

Even you would admit the glut of games on the SNES that have so much slowdown it hurts the game play and the over all experience.  This is the main reason SEGA ruled with sports games as it could handle so many objects at once so IDK why you would even try to argue sprites.

Take one look at PAPRIUM and tell me the SNES could get that much on screen with zero slow down.  Show me one game, one.  I have the game and played thought it several times the game has none.

Sega D-Pad destroys the SNES that isn't even close.  It has been argued that the SEGA 6 Button is the best controller ever made (Maybe the Saturn 6 button)

Not sure why you argued resolution as the SNES had many issues with cropping games.  It also warps it to fit the screen.    Earthworm Jim being a shining example of that which absolutely hurts game play.

Earthworm Jim | Mega Drive/Genesis & SNES | Comparison - Dual Longplay - YouTube

World Heroes (Sega Genesis vs Snes) Side by Side Comparison - YouTube

https://imgs.search.brave.com/OyMbIbWmUPE_XWSbi2whS2FDgd-6ZiXgd3CZOGoybhw/rs:fit:1200:720:1/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnl0/aW1nLmNvbS92aS90/MTRVS0ZhRlVuby9t/YXhyZXNkZWZhdWx0/LmpwZw

The High RES on the SNES was used only for some menus and text, it's not like you got some HD Gameplay.

Genesis owns the beatemup genre not sure why you tried to slide that one past us and also trying to Sweep SOR2 under the carpet will only result in failure.  That game alone with so many sprites on screen and tremendous music cannot be ignored and you know that.  We also have the Hyper Stone Heist on the SEGA as well so not sure what your angle was.  SNES is for the most part terrible for beatem ups. 

Sega-16 – Side by Side: TMNT Beat-‘Em-Ups (Genesis vs. SNES)

SNES owns cute I'll give you that.  Your respect and opinion of the MD are noted but again cannot change the fact that the MD moves games better and plays them better.

• Like 1

This guy is single handedly taking the forum back to 2002.  Read the room!  

Back on topic - the CPU of the Genesis is the fastest of the three.

As for the Neo Geo it is unfair to compare it to it's 16 bit counterparts as it would be like comparing a Toyota Corolla to a Lamborghini Diablo.  In many ways the Corolla is better and obviously much more accessible/practical.

The Neo Geo started as pure Arcade hardware and then a rental.  Japan showed that it could be sold as a home console and their games were designed as Quarter Munchers.  The quality of SSIV is unmatched by anything on the other consoles and when you get into Metal Slug it get's silly.  But the Neo Geo was designed for this high end arcade experience and could not provide the tradition console experience so again direct comparison is highly dubious.

The Neo Really owns the Run and GUN and Fighting Genre but with games starting at $250 a piece vs $50-$75 it just can't be compared.

• Like 1