IGNORED

Game You Like At Which You Suck

Defender and Robotron: 2084. They're two of the greatest video games ever made, and I can certainly appreciate the reasons. I just can't play them worth a damn, and I can't even touch Stargate because it's impossible to play unless you've already maxed Defender. I just need to practice them some more, with a proper set of controls.

• Like 3

I am definitely terrible at Donkey Kong, but I still love playing it.

It's something to do with the sort of stiff, early ass platformer controls.

I should specify, also, it seems to only be the arcade one.

I can throttle the NES one into oblivion.

Edited by Arkhan

Defender and Robotron: 2084. They're two of the greatest video games ever made, and I can certainly appreciate the reasons. I just can't play them worth a damn, and I can't even touch Stargate because it's impossible to play unless you've already maxed Defender. I just need to practice them some more, with a proper set of controls.

Yup, those two bastards.

What game do you really like, but at which you really suck? For me:

Gauntlet. Too many enemies. I think it would be more fun with fewer enemies.

Can anyone get good at Gauntlet? I like the game, don't get me wrong, but it's pretty much a war of attrition of how many quarters you have. I never really saw any way to get particularly good at the game. Unlike, say, Defender which is ridiculously hard but some people are good enough to play for hours on end.

Can anyone get good at Gauntlet? I like the game, don't get me wrong, but it's pretty much a war of attrition of how many quarters you have. I never really saw any way to get particularly good at the game. Unlike, say, Defender which is ridiculously hard but some people are good enough to play for hours on end.

Apparently they had to keep making revisions of it so that good players couldn't just keep playing forever on one quarter.

Then you should try, Dark Chambers for the 7800

Then you should try, Dark Chambers for the 7800..

As for me, I love Choplifter for the SMS, but I suck major at it.. :mad:

Top-Down Shmups, Bullet-Hell Shmups, even Side-Scrolling shmups

I love to play and collect them - I just don't think I've ever even finished the 'easiest' one.

Odd, especially considering I find Metal Slug, Contra, and Gunstar Heroes, and FPSes in general, to be walks in the park. I have a proficiency in blowing sprites up, just not when MY sprite happens to be a spaceship :(

• Like 1

I'm not very good at most first-person 3D games, FPS or otherwise -- I tend to get lost, motion-sick, or both. This has somewhat soured me on the FPS genre especially, but I still enjoy certain ones: Doom, Goldeneye, Halo 2 come to mind.

I'm also pretty mediocre at pattern games like Pac-Man, BurgerTime, Lock 'N' Chase, and the like. Some of those I like, some I don't. I can play a game like Pac-Man for pleasure, but the tyranny of perfection is oppressive after awhile, and thinking in terms of patterns doesn't come naturally to me. Still, if I see a Ms. Pac-Man cabinet, I'm happy to play a game.

Lode Runner's a good call. I like that game a lot, but struggle mightily with it.

Can anyone get good at Gauntlet? I like the game, don't get me wrong, but it's pretty much a war of attrition of how many quarters you have.

It's not only a matter of quarters, most "classic" versions of Gauntlet have enemy levels designed to be tackled by two players, so if you play alone it is just ridiculous.