IGNORED

Sega Master System Issues

Tyleski

Hello, as this is my first post, just thought I'd say I've been lurking for a while and finally realized I should make an account since I'm spending too much time here.

Anyway, I picked up a couple Sega Master Systems recently and want to sell them. (I know, I know, this isn't the marketplace) I have one console that powers on, but doesn't produce a picture with the AV jack or the RF jack. Any ideas?

And the other one I have has a Phaser and 3D glasses. The phaser I can't get to work with my flatscreen, but I've heard this is just a technological problem. The 3D glasses work fine, but it seems I have to stealth slide the connection into the slot as I'm getting the fun error sounds whenever I'm starting the games (Missle Defense, Space Harrier) with the glasses inside. Is this common or did I pick up a damaged system at this flea market? (Hey, either way I might just keep one to have on the shelf "for looks".)

Thanks in advance.

Check the cables. A Model 1 Genesis (volume control model) uses the same AV and RF cables, it can be used as a troubleshooting test to see if the cables are still good.

You might also try another power supply on both units. The Model 1 Genesis power supply should be usable on the Master System.