IGNORED

Interest Check: Reproduction Controller Overlays

It's not a matter of whether they make money or are doing fine or not; it's a matter of respect for the law and other people's property. I guess it's easy to flip the moral high ground when it's someone else's property. We can all justify it in many ways (they have enough money, I tried asking and they didn't respond, I'm not making any money out of it, etc., etc.), but it's not necessarily right.

As for all that remixed content in YouTube well, it is debatable whether a society based purely on derivative content is any richer than one that strives to generate original creative works. Quantity is not necessarily quality, no matter how entertaining or funny it seems.

Remember this, every time you see a video portraying, say, Harry Potter characters, you automatically fill in a entire world of context, moods, and character personalities, based on recognition of the topic--all off it that comes for free to the derivative author, who did not have to think one bit on character development or atmosphere descriptions, etc.. This is fully intentional, and it's lazy.

But to each his own.

Well, I'll stop my rant now. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Cheers,

dZ.

I understand your point of view entirely, but we aren't trying to reproduce their games and sell them at profit. I feel that this is more like someone making new labels for NES cartridges.

Just for the record, and in case I haven't said it recently....I'M ALL IN FOR THE SEARS OVERLAYS!!! :-D Seriously though, the more I think about these, the more I really hope they get made. I'm pretty sure Sears' videogame division isn't active at the moment and they'd be fine with it. Not sure about what you had in mind Phil, but I think the box cover art in the dark red is the way to go. :lust:

• Like 1

Just for the record, and in case I haven't said it recently....I'M ALL IN FOR THE SEARS OVERLAYS!!! :-D Seriously though, the more I think about these, the more I really hope they get made. I'm pretty sure Sears' videogame division isn't active at the moment and they'd be fine with it. Not sure about what you had in mind Phil, but I think the box cover art in the dark red is the way to go. :lust:

Just following up with cmart, I'm in as well, the Sears version is my personal favorite ! :D

Cant see anyone from KMart knocking on your door asking "hey, whatcha making in there?"

Seriously though I want 2 sets, one to use and one to sit and stare at :)

After the first of the year I will start working on the Sears collection.

Just a side note. I also will do custom overlay jobs if the need is there. Just PM me.

Sweeeeeet!!!! Excellent news, I'm first in line. :)

Very good news !! And I really don't care where I am in line... I just don't want to miss out ! :-D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
9 hours ago, TimLahey said:

pboland, are these still available? How do I order? What material did you use? What is the process. 

I just purchased a used Intellivision and wanted to look into overlays for the games that came with it.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, IntvCasey said:

I would like them if available as well 

Four years ago, I tried to warn the future about passing on one of Phil's projects.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I wasn't a member 4 years ago.  I was too young to join a forum without my parents permission.  Yeah, that's it.

Well, both the Sears and Imagic sets (and the Atari 5200 set) are very cool.  Honestly, they haven't inflated too much, if you can find a set.  I believe they sell for ~$100...much cheaper than the Orphan Overlay sets.

• Like 3