IGNORED

Great Escape By Bomb for Atari 2600 on Ebay ! R9 !

Sr. Ferraz

I always look at where the item is coming from. Its easy to tell its PAL when its coming from Brazil. Too bad this PAL instead of NTSC type "scam" (I don't believe it is always meant to be, just an honest mistake sometimes) is something that has to be watched for so often.

• Like 1

Sorry to put this in the wrong area, I have never posted anything in this area.

I believe that many people still don't know that the color system in Brazil is not PAL, it is PAL-M (which is quite different !).

Here we generally use cartridges manufactured in the U.S.A. (NTSC), and the cartridges manufactured here are NTSC.

All consoles (systems) manufactured in Brazil have an internal transcoder (NTSC >>> PAL-M), the consoles are similar to those manufactured in the U.S.A. (NTSC).

When the console is adapted with A/V output it is NTSC.

A friend of mine has brought it for me to check the cartridge.

I put it on 2 original Brazilian consoles with RF output (Polyvox and Onyx Junior). The TV images (screenshots) and colors are the same or very similar to those which are on AtariAge (the counter turns green). The game has got an 'acceleration indicator' which changes its color during the game.

I put the cartridge into an Atari with A/V output (NTSC) and the colors were the same or similar.

The owner of the cartridge placed it in an original U.S. console with 6 keys (NTSC), the images were similar or identical (see photos).

He had used an Atari with colors problems, so the counter had turned blue, he corrected it and added some new photos to the Ebay (another console).

I scanned the label, it's very good.

I have googled auctions of this cartridge on Ebay but found none. Strange, as it is so easy to find ...

What would be the difference? I have seen consoles (with several games in them) manufactured in Taiwan - PAL-M system - especifically to be sold in Brazil.

Maybe that cartridge has been manufactured to be sold in Brazil. What do you think ?

post-7030-0-95373300-1337394514_thumb.jpg

post-7030-0-45002300-1337394531_thumb.jpg

post-7030-0-02531800-1337394552_thumb.jpg

post-7030-0-87428400-1337394572_thumb.jpg

post-7030-0-79606800-1337394590_thumb.jpg

Sorry nofrills100, but what do you mean? An unfair comparison ?

Instructions:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_html_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=224

Screenshots:

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=224

I placed below images comparing AtariAge screenshots to this cartridge, notice that AtariAge images are digital and superior.

This auction is interesting (February), but it doesn't show "This listing has ended" and the seller has not advertised the item again.

post-7030-0-66729000-1337468751_thumb.jpg

post-7030-0-95165100-1337468768_thumb.jpg

Sorry nofrills100, but what do you mean? An unfair comparison ?

Yeah I guess I am - the sticker clearly shows it is PAL and you are trying to say it is NTSC. If I were your friend I would remove this listing as NTSC... someone is going to be very disappointed when they get it and it isn't NTSC

This auction is interesting (February), but it doesn't show "This listing has ended" and the seller has not advertised the item again.

Are you talking about the auction I linked? This auction is current, and has been listed since December 2011 and still it has not sold for the BIN price of 15euros - that should give you an indication of what the PAL Great Escape is worth.

edit: ha! actually I see it has been listed since October 2010... perhaps not always for 15 euros... but it is definitely not in demand.

Edited by nofrills100

I guess it wouldn't be entirely out of the question that a P sticker was put on a NTSC cart by mistake. It's possible a minimum wage warehouse employee could have made a mistake. I know the NTSC carts are often eproms instead of masked roms so you could always pop it open? Might ruin the label though....I just know with a P sticker on the back it is going to be tough to pass as a NTSC cart ;)

:-o $62 for a PAL Great Escape? Someone is going to be pissed!

That's if they find out its not NTSC,if they couldnt be bothered doing any research,then they propbably wont know its PAL.

Might just pay to message the buyer if feedback is left and show them this thread. ;)