IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Wanted Flyer

Zach

No sign of him inserting the vid in the console,no sign of him starting up the console in fact no sign of the cart at all in the vid,it could easily be a video playing through a dvd player or VHS,he could have got the video from nagn2's video and cropped it,or programmed it himself.

Just say'n.

No sign of him inserting the vid in the console,no sign of him starting up the console in fact no sign of the cart at all in the vid,it could easily be a video playing through a dvd player or VHS,he could have got the video from nagn2's video and cropped it,or programmed it himself.

Just say'n.

Video is probably real, but I am betting nagn2 made a repro of his cart and placed it in a random thrift shop, to make his homebrew look more legit. :P

• Like 1

There both real.. get over it.. hell its only 2k or whatever theres easier ways to make money.. like who would be so lame. is there not credit card fraud and bs like id theft for geeks. never knew 2600 game making was the new way to get money fron people for nerda. its one sale and how muxh time invested for this "scam" WHY??? No logic here whatsoever. Hell i could learn to make stain glass and sell a image of lady gagas genitals and make thousands on ebay easier and less time than anyone could whip this crap up..

• Like 1

Ea

That would explain the discrepancy in labels....the nicer repro was printed on a new printer, so no offset shadows.... :ponder:

Where would he get a better image than nagn2's?

Easy the 2nd time he made one to match the ad that he found, he got better at it ;-)

Too bad nobody works in industrial or medical imaging. You could flouroscope it to see inside without opening it. I wonder if you could sonogram it. I would love to know if they are mask rom or eprom, is there an inverter chip...

Edited by Pioneer4x4

I just love the way people are so defencive if a slight bit of doubt is placed on good ol Travis and can't wait to jump down nagn2's throat as soon as he even things about posting here.

The love Travis, hate nagn2 theme is hilarious.

You never watch day time dramas. its all the same.

Ea

That would explain the discrepancy in labels....the nicer repro was printed on a new printer, so no offset shadows.... :ponder:

Easy the 2nd time he made one to match the ad that he found, he got better at it ;-)

Too bad nobody works in industrial or medical imaging. You could flouroscope it to see inside without opening it. I wonder if you could sonogram it. I would love to know if they are mask rom or eprom, is there an inverter chip...

The way this is going i see both games never selling...now I am starting to hate travis. say his name five times fast... sounds evil to me. ..

Ea

I can tell you what is inside, with a 99% certainty. There is an EPROM board from Apollo in there, either a AP-2000 with 2 x 2716 EPROM's (unlikely) or marked AP-2001 with a 2732 EPROM, which probably doesn't even have the window(s) covered (Same board is used in Lochjaw! Yes, Lochjaw is an EPROM game, just like Chase The Chuckwagon is). I would bet money on that. ;) If there isn't, it is 100% a homebrew hackjob, ala Hozer or Gamma Attack (I nearly fainted when I opened the original Gamma Attack). I bet Hozer made the label. LOL

Here is an image of a AP-2001 (this one came out of TXCSM, Halloween uses the same one):

post-11652-1221188183_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Another thing, if the cart shell does not say Apollo on the back, there is no screw in this cart at all!

I can tell you what is inside, with a 99% certainty. There is an EPROM board from Apollo in there, either a AP-2000 with 2 x 2716 EPROM's (unlikely) or marked AP-2001 with a 2732 EPROM, which probably doesn't even have the window(s) covered (Same board is used in Lochjaw! Yes, Lochjaw is an EPROM game, just like Chase The Chuckwagon is). I would bet money on that. ;) If there isn't, it is 100% a homebrew hackjob, ala Hozer or Gamma Attack (I nearly fainted when I opened the original Gamma Attack). I bet Hozer made the label. LOL

Here is an image of a AP-2001 (this one came out of TXCSM, Halloween uses the same one):

post-11652-1221188183_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Another thing, if the cart shell does not say Apollo on the back, there is no screw in this cart at all!

So, if you wanted to make a fake old cart, that would be a good case and board to use... Just askin'

To me, I will be much more certain that the current 2 holders believe them to be from the 1980s when they sell one. If someone knowingly did a hoax, worth as much $$ as this would be, I would be shocked. But just if neither sells does not mean they are intentionally misrepresenting it. If I had it, I would want to keep it as well. (unless it was worth stoopid money to me, where I would have to be stooopid to not sell it)

So, if you wanted to make a fake old cart, that would be a good case and board to use... Just askin'

Yes, people have made fake Halloween carts etc. already, with this board. The thing is though, you could mail order these PCB's back then, for I think $2.00 each or something, I can't find the flyer at the moment. Which made them a good candidate for homebrewers and small companies, like Wizard. Shit, even Telesys used this board, I won't say how you can find it, otherwise the influx of fake label-less Halloween carts may skyrocket. ;) There are at least 5 Bouncing Baby Bunnies out there, that have this board in them. :D

Found it, oddly it is listed as AP-2002 and not AP-2001, probably typos. All the boards I've seen have AP-2000 or AP-2001 on them. :)

EDIT: I found a AP-2000 in my box of strange things, these are kind of rare, compared to the one pictured in the Jameco flyer.

JAMECOFlyer118p1.jpg

AP2000.jpg

Found it, oddly it is listed as AP-2002 and not AP-2001, probably typos. All the boards I've seen have AP-2000 or AP-2001 on them. :)

EDIT: I found a AP-2000 in my box of strange things, these are kind of rare, compared to the one pictured in the Jameco flyer.

Cool, I miss Jameco. I'd forgotten about those mailers. We used to buy Adam stuff from them when everyone else stopped selling it. Thanks for the cool post.

Cool, I miss Jameco. I'd forgotten about those mailers. We used to buy Adam stuff from them when everyone else stopped selling it. Thanks for the cool post.

Jameco is still around, I order from them all the time. ;)

http://www.jameco.com

Back when I lived in San Jose, I would just go there, huge friggin warehouse in the back of the store. They'd let me in there sometimes, to help search for old chips. LOL

Wait, Gamma Attack was not real?

Edit: It's also on this site as a rarity 10 game. Do any actually exist?

Oh, it's real, just not pretty. And yes, there are more than one, the second one is actually on a AP-2001 board. LOL