IGNORED

I was going to build an A8 SX64 and A8 Mega [ST]........

oky2000

....along with an Atari website to showcase this stuff with a combined ST/A8/VCS interactive magazine for gaming and upgrades published on the site bi-monthly. However I don't see the point any more so I just wont bother. I guess the old die-hard 'Oky2000' haters will be muttering "Commodore CUNT" under their breath but the truth is, with some notable exceptions, that generally the A8 people here are bitter, jaded, greedy, rude and unhelpful.

Every single time I have asked for even the slightest bit of help you are met with a wall of silence, or worse still animosity. In contrast people on other forums for different machines GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to help someone who just wants to get into a new machine and do cool projects. Some of these people even sell/donate things way below the perceived *R@RE* value of items on ebay. Though I'm not a charity and I don't expect anything other than an even handed fair deal or just some friendly help pointing me somewhere else.

I think some of you people need to have a long hard look at your attitude, yeah sure the A8 wasn't programmed to within an inch of its life in the past unlike the C64 but then nor was the Amiga with maybe only 10 games out of 10,000 released even coming close to it (and I don't take that out on ST users). But the Amiga community are not like this at all, they WILL help anyone, even someone who says the A500 is fucking ugly P.O.S. to boot compared to the Atari 520STM.

So this is pretty much where those people who regard me as the "Commodore Cunt" can open a six pack and celebrate because I just won't bother any more with the A8 community.

I will have my hands full getting replica C64 and Amiga cases manufactured anyway, so no time for these dinky little A8 fun projects that wouldn't make me any money. The people that are helpful around this section of AA are on other forums anyway so no problem. Win/Win for everyone involved :)

At least I leave with a greater knowledge of the A8 and a large number of cool games I never knew existed. Hell I even seem to have disk/tape images for games that Atarimania doesn't even have downloads for so I guess it wasn't a waste of time all things considered.

WHY do people feel the need to make a big "Drama" post before (supposedly) leaving? Personally, first and foremost I am a classic console and computer collector regardless I grew up as a "Commodore kid" having only tried the Atari range of computers (I own several now) do not feel I missed anything or made the wrong choice but I appreciate what all had to offer. I cannot say I am familiar with anything your talking about or any of the issues you've apparently had but if you wish to leave that is your choice I am sure everyone will get along fine without you I just wish when people decide to leave a forum they would do so without some big announcement about it. I have left or rather chosen to stop visiting plenty of forums over the years for various reasons but never felt the need to make a post about it.

....along with an Atari website to showcase this stuff with a combined ST/A8/VCS interactive magazine for gaming and upgrades published on the site bi-monthly. However I don't see the point any more so I just wont bother. I guess the old die-hard 'Oky2000' haters will be muttering "Commodore CUNT" under their breath but the truth is, with some notable exceptions, that generally the A8 people here are bitter, jaded, greedy, rude and unhelpful.

Every single time I have asked for even the slightest bit of help you are met with a wall of silence, or worse still animosity. In contrast people on other forums for different machines GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to help someone who just wants to get into a new machine and do cool projects. Some of these people even sell/donate things way below the perceived *R@RE* value of items on ebay. Though I'm not a charity and I don't expect anything other than an even handed fair deal or just some friendly help pointing me somewhere else.

I think some of you people need to have a long hard look at your attitude, yeah sure the A8 wasn't programmed to within an inch of its life in the past unlike the C64 but then nor was the Amiga with maybe only 10 games out of 10,000 released even coming close to it (and I don't take that out on ST users). But the Amiga community are not like this at all, they WILL help anyone, even someone who says the A500 is fucking ugly P.O.S. to boot compared to the Atari 520STM.

So this is pretty much where those people who regard me as the "Commodore Cunt" can open a six pack and celebrate because I just won't bother any more with the A8 community.

I will have my hands full getting replica C64 and Amiga cases manufactured anyway, so no time for these dinky little A8 fun projects that wouldn't make me any money. The people that are helpful around this section of AA are on other forums anyway so no problem. Win/Win for everyone involved :)

At least I leave with a greater knowledge of the A8 and a large number of cool games I never knew existed. Hell I even seem to have disk/tape images for games that Atarimania doesn't even have downloads for so I guess it wasn't a waste of time all things considered.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/08/21/the-illusion-of-asymmetric-insight/

• Like 3

maybe specific references of the 'questions being ignored' etc?

only thing i rem of oky2000 is complaining about how they are being treated... dunno if its true or not, as i dont rem seeing any attacks...

*chase starts here*

i dont rem any probably cause i dont read alot of the posts on AA, and rarely if ever venture outside the 8bit computer section...

I have seen more then enough BS, dont need to read more... I live BS every day, dont need to read about others...

*chase ends here*

oky2000, so long and enjoy your endevours into other 'communities' of classic computer systems...

and to answer anyones non-asked question, no i dont have, nor want a C64... I have my Plus/4 and am very happy with it... and have my C128 for a backup C=...

sloopy.

sorry you are leaving, as for me I really dont care to hear or see or know anything about commodore computers,personnally I never liked them back in the day and wish they had not existed.For many atari folk it was a bad company that hurt the company we know and love. this is ATARI age not commodore age. nothing wrong with those who like it or many of the classics but it seems some have come here trying to make a point or poke a stick in the Atari cage.

Actually some of your recent comments were really interesting and enjoyable to read. Try sticking around for awhile,you were doing quite well!

I'm sorry you feel put upon, but I've had the opposite experience here. The A8 people have been really nice and helpful. Mimo, therealbountybob, penguinbluejeans, and several other people have helped me out time and time again in regards to 8-bit issues. I feel very welcome here in the A8 forums, even while being a 2600 guy most of the time. The 8-bit folks are very passionate about their machines, and very helpful if you just ask.

... so you don´t build that things mentioned in the topic?

My question is: who really needs that? Did you believe, that most of us are just waiting for that? Such mods can be nice. But I think most of us would just watch the photos, give a nice comment, but won´t have the need to buy that.

As I can´t remember of any other post of you, I can´t tell if the people here are dizzing you.Maybe it´s because I don´t often read posts about hardware or x vs. y, I´m more a programmer and don´t like those vs. threads.

I got total different here. The people are great and helpful.

But if you consider to leave, then my conclusion is: Go and have a nice day! or better in German: "Reisende soll man nicht aufhalten."

Interesting ...

As for the original topic, I'm not personally aware of attacking users of other formats or the formats themselves. I've owned and used many other 8 and 16 bit systems and still do. Yeah there are some aceholes here but then I notice they're everywhere nowadays. I'll be sorry to see you go, groups benefit from a multitude of voices and opinions after all, but if you really feel that strongly I hope you find what you're looking for elsewhere.

Oh and would you mind editing your original post and removing the 'c' word? I don't think there's a need for it. Thanks.

Edited by spookt
  • Like 1

Interesting. My father was complaining just the other day that members of a social club chose not to contact him and plead with him to return following his long absence from the club. The self-imposed absenteeism was caused by him not being able to get along with people. He made a very grand exit last year and I was of the opinion at the time that this was basically a test of loyalty aimed at the club administration. Well - as is almost always the case - it backfired and no-body gave a crap. A cursory look through your recent content doesn't explain the reason for your disgruntlement, but I'm often oblivious to the political undercurrents going on in forums.

As Spookt says, there's good and bad in all places, but it's pretty easy to feel persecuted you're determined enough. We've all posted what we consider to be exciting stuff and been met with a wall of silence from time to time. So what - maybe everyone was busy that night. If you take everything personally, you're going to have a difficult time. My father's seventy-five years old and still believes that there's something wrong with everyone else in the world because they don't like him. It never occurs to him to question his own motivation, and ponder that his expectations may be unrealistic.

If there's another forum out there on which people are tripping over themselves to ensure everyone feels "special", very good luck with it. Alternatively, take a break and come back later with something people will love you for.

Oh - and I'll second what Spookt says about the language.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Oh and would you mind editing your original post and removing the 'c' word? I don't think there's a need for it. Thanks.

Oh but he can't because apparently he's leaving boo hoo............

Here is some good advice from Ferris when you want to leave a forum........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Sgvq98mjc

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Good god - did the author get paid by the word?

Hey hey.. if Stephen is not going to wisdom, then wisdom comes to Stephen :D

"Social media confounds the issue. You are a public relations masterpiece. Not only are you free to create alternate selves for forums, websites and digital watering holes, but from one social media service to the next you control the output of your persona. The clever tweets, the photos of your delectable triumphs with the oven and mixing bowl, the funny meme you send out into the firmament that you check back on for comments, the new thing you own, the new place you visited – they tell a story of who you want to be, who you ought to be. They satisfy something. Is anyone clicking on all these links? Is anyone smirking at this video? Are my responses being scoured for grammatical infractions? You ask these questions and others, even if they don’t rise to the surface."

"The researchers explained this is how one eventually arrives at the illusion of naive realism, or believing your thoughts and perceptions are true, accurate and correct, therefore if someone sees things differently than you or disagrees with you in some way it is the result of a bias or an influence or a shortcoming. You feel like the other person must have been tainted in some way, otherwise they would see the world the way you do – the right way. The illusion of asymmetrical insight clouds your ability to see the people you disagree with as nuanced and complex. You tend to see your self and the groups you belong to in shades of gray, but others and their groups as solid and defined primary colors lacking nuance or complexity."