IGNORED

Value of my huge 2600 game lot?

norkusa

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but since I'm not selling anything here, I didn't think this belonged in marketplace.

I originally planned on listing all this on Ebay in one big lot starting at $0.01, but after taking pics I realized how much trouble this will be to ship and pack up. So I think I'm going to put it up on Craigslist instead. The problem is I haven't followed 2600 prices in years and have no idea what any of this stuff is worth now.

I've got around 375 games total here and maybe 270 are unique. Nothing really ultra-rare. Rarest is probably Tomarc The Barbarian and maybe a handful of R5's & 6's. Any ideas what I should ask for the entire lot?

7228455652_f06c9bdef7_z.jpg

Atari 2600 Lot 1 by Tony Norkus, on Flickr

7228454838_03003d26ef_z.jpg

Atari 2600 Lot 2 by Tony Norkus, on Flickr

I have never bought a game yet for 50 cents. Bought all from ebay. Even commons bought for 1.50 to 5- 10 bucks for slighly more rare plus the couple bucks for shipping. Spyhunter and tapper each seen go for up to 50.00. Selling in a lot like that never get more than maybe 225-250. only two buyers a reseller or a guy starting the collection from scratch. collectors that only need a game or two from the pile see it as a couple games and donor carts for homebrews or drink coasters.

Really its whatever people pay for it.

oh and I have to get everything shipped to Canada from the states=higher shipping.

Edited by Jinks

I would not sell for less than 400. The resellers can still make money.. they always do on the shipping.

Try and buy them all in singles youd pay 500.00-800.00 thats what i did.

no way! 85% of them are 50c commons

Agreed nofrills...I wouldn't pay more than $250 for the lot. You can make more money if you take the time to part them out individually and in smaller groups, but that is why...it is time consuming. If you just want to be done with it in one shot, you will get bids mostly from resellers. They will part them out and reap the bulk of the rewards.

BTW Jinks...eBay is usually the last place I want to purchase from. I only resort to that if I must. The prices on eBay are usually out of control for single games or small lots.

Well ebay is the only place for me to buy.. None in classifieds or trading\used sites here localy and only 35 2600 games in the retro game shop. all nes and so on. and they ask for ebay or greater than prices cause they say well theres no shipping charges..

Buy them here! Most of the folks here in the marketplace will be happy to sell you their duplicates for what they are really worth. I love buying and selling here. Almost no need for eBay anymore! ;)

OK, follow my directions and you will get maximum profit.

Sell the Mr. Do's at $10 a piece

Sell the Boxed Miner 2049er at $40

Sell the Boxed Bank Heist at $20

Sell the Boxed Pitfall II at $20 maybe $15

Sell the Boxed Smurfs Rescue at $30

Sell the Tomarc at $30

Sell the Spy Hunter, and Tapper together at $30

Sell the Pengo at $20 (Have not seen it a lot lately)

Sell the Polaris and King Kong together at $25

Sell the Boxed Quick Step at $30

Sell the Boxed Zaxxon at $20

Sell the Boxed Donkey Kong Junior at $15

Sell the Boxed Gyruss at $20

Sell the other 11 boxed games together at $40

Sell the Double Enders together at $20

Sell everything else together auction style, and start is off at a cent, and call it a day.

Edited by homerwannabee
  • Like 2

Buy them here! Most of the folks here in the marketplace will be happy to sell you their duplicates for what they are really worth. I love buying and selling here. Almost no need for eBay anymore! ;)

I bought most of them years before i heard of atariage. bought lots of great homebrew on here tho..

Sell the Tomarc at $30

Sell everything else together auction style, and start is off at a cent, and call it a day.

Great advice, homerwannabee! It's a little bit more work, but will get the most $ for your time.

Sell the Tomarc at $30

Thanks a lot for the advice, I think I'll do it like this! :)

Edited by norkusa

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but since I'm not selling anything here, I didn't think this belonged in marketplace.

I originally planned on listing all this on Ebay in one big lot starting at $0.01, but after taking pics I realized how much trouble this will be to ship and pack up. So I think I'm going to put it up on Craigslist instead. The problem is I haven't followed 2600 prices in years and have no idea what any of this stuff is worth now.

I've got around 375 games total here and maybe 270 are unique. Nothing really ultra-rare. Rarest is probably Tomarc The Barbarian and maybe a handful of R5's & 6's. Any ideas what I should ask for the entire lot?

7228455652_f06c9bdef7_z.jpg

Atari 2600 Lot 1 by Tony Norkus, on Flickr

7228454838_03003d26ef_z.jpg

Atari 2600 Lot 2 by Tony Norkus, on Flickr

About 5 years ago, I sold my whole collection off. It was about 350 unique titles (all loose) with a heavy 6er and a crapload of controllers and loose manuals. I got over $600 for the whole lot on feebay. Had to add about $50 for S&H and I had to ship it in 2 boxes.

I would hope you would do at least as well. Best of luck to you.

Well ebay is the only place for me to buy.. None in classifieds or trading\used sites here localy and only 35 2600 games in the retro game shop. all nes and so on. and they ask for ebay or greater than prices cause they say well theres no shipping charges..

This is not cool when local game shops hold the populace hostage to ebay pricing because there are no other viable options for getting games and systems. Some of these guys need to be choked.

• Like 1

Listed the lot on CL. No hits yet but I did send the link to one guy who had a "WTB OLD SYSTEMS & GAMES" post. Wrote me back saying there was not a single game of value here. :roll:

Not entirely true, you do have some value, the person posting the add is a reseller and looking to make some $. You don't have any real really stuff, but some decent games. Homer may have been a little high on his evaluations, but parting them out is definatley going to get you the most money. Ebay is probably the best route rather than CL.

Listed the lot on CL. No hits yet but I did send the link to one guy who had a "WTB OLD SYSTEMS & GAMES" post. Wrote me back saying there was not a single game of value here. :roll:

Definitely a reseller ploy. But in this case, you never know. He may have all the games up to rarity 7 or 8. If that's it, your stuff would not have value to him.