IGNORED

Ball Knob mod 7800 controllers *Service Discontinued*

Yurkie

Either there is something wrong with your video mod, or your TV, but that screenshot of Commando is way off. Way too green. Most of the dirt not surrounding the palm trees should be brown/sandy colored, not bright green.

Also $189?! LOL!

Way to crap on Yurkie's thread... :?

Just in case you didn't read the OP, $189 includes a refurbished 7800 console with an updated BIOS, refurbished proline controllers with ball knobs, a power supply, and A/V cord. IMHO, that actually sounds like a pretty good deal. The mod service by itself is $114.00 if you send him all of your own hardware.

As for the color being off, I have a guess it is more likely a dried out capacitor in the 7800, rather than the A/V mod itself...just a guess though. I am not exactly the most knowledgable in this area...hence, having someone else mod my consoles for $114 is a good deal. I know I am personally looking forward to shipping him my console tomorrow. Can't wait to have another professionally upgraded system from Yurkie! My ColecoVision he upgraded for me is the best!!!

• Like 2

Either there is something wrong with your video mod, or your TV, but that screenshot of Commando is way off. Way too green. Most of the dirt not surrounding the palm trees should be brown/sandy colored, not bright green.

Also $189?! LOL!

I understand posting your observation regarding the inaccurate colors obviously displayed by the Atari 7800 in the first post, but kindly refrain from posting your troll comments regarding the price Yurkie chose for his modded Atari 7800's (which include much more than just a AV mod). No need for that kind of crap.

I have purchased a lot of hardware and software from Yurkie over the past few months (including a modded/refurbished Colecovision), I have experienced nothing but extreme satisfaction with all of my purchases.

If you are unable to afford something or hold some sort of jealousy, kindly keep that crap to yourself.

• Like 2

Here is 3 different units showing RF and my A/V modded 7800. All 4 of these are untouched and sent from my iphone to my email and then uploaded. These are all at the very start when the helicopter drops you off. Left to right and top to bottom pics are A/V, RF1, RF2, RF3 I know people like to be hateful and jealous and post negative comments, but they should at least know what they are talking about first.

post-23318-0-19809600-1339948044_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-94293700-1339948060_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-75392800-1339948076_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-09247300-1339948095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 2

There was nothing hateful or jealous intended in my post. Joking around, maybe but certainly not hateful.

Those colors are off. Given that 4 systems look nearly the same, I'm going to guess its the TV that us the culprit.

As for not knowing what I'm talking about, I helped develop the easier composite 7800 video mod with a few others on this site, and I also developed the proper NTSC color palette for Prosystem emulator. In my opinion the Longhhorn video mod is unreliable in both quality and accuracy.

Note - I am in no way trying to shit on Yurkie's work here. Clearly he knows what he's doing if he's performing all of these mods, and there is certainly a lot of work involved. I honestly skimmed over the part about the euro Os mod, which is a ton of work to install, so the price is accurate given that. My apologies.

Below is a screenshot of Commando on my NTSC 7800 with the easier Composite mode. Note - this is a composite video connection, not S-Video, on a rather crappy old Sharp CRT that one has RF and composite.

post-17667-0-98154100-1339957692_thumb.jpg

post-17667-0-20690600-1339957704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Underball

I am leaning toward a possible defective cart since 9 or 10 system all tested in RF before and after modding show colors like that posted in the first thread. And on all these system the colors in other games look correct. I ask a friend that owns an original Commando cart to send me a screenshot.

That's the problem with most PAL Atari 7800 carts. The only way to tell the difference is by plugging it in and it displaying differently.

Also, Commando was semi-rare in the US being a late release here, whereas in PAL territories it was fairly common. You'll often see more PAL 7800 Commando carts for sale on eBay than NTSC Commando carts.

Price reduced on controller ball knob mod. Was $12.50 for 1 controller or a set for $22 + return shipping, now $10 for 1 or $15 for a set, alone or when combined with console mod.

Edited by Yurkie

Hi

If you have one stick with ballknobs,i would like to buy one.How much is shipping to germany?

greetings walter

I would have to sell you a set, unless someone else wants to buy one. I can do $60 shipped for a set to Germany. $45 + $15 shipping via First Class International.

Just a quick testimonial: I received both of my modded systems last week and they work perfectly. And the modded 7800 controllers are amazing! I can finally play Beefdrop without experiencing hand cramping within five minutes of gameplay! *wipes tear away*

I just got my Yurkified 7800 today (to go along with my 2 CVs from him :) ) and played my way through four or five of Bob's recent games that I hadn't got around to, and needless to say I was happy as could be. Yet another great system mod by Yurkie and I'd highly recommend anyone considering it to jump in and buy one.